Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Senior Member Lorax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Hammock
    WBBB (1.7,1.1) Nx-200 and ENO DN
    Tarp
    Superfly and MJ
    Insulation
    Pad and HG UQ
    Suspension
    Straps with mods
    Posts
    226

    Just pulled the trigger on a bird

    WBBB 1.7 / Superfly tarp.


    Currently own:
    Clark NX-200 which my wife and son both like better than I do.

    Hennesy Expedition Asym, which I believe I just sold to get this one. I love the HH, but believe the new one will have the tarp I need and the room I like (6' tall 185lbs.)


    There will be multitudes of questions to follow

  2. #2
    gunner76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Beaufort, NC
    Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Posts
    5,800
    Images
    39
    Did you hit it ?
    Merchants Mill Pond SP Swamp Hang

    www.neusioktrail.org ..................... Free Hammock Classes

    Hammock Gear Time Line ..............Hammock Friendly Sites in NC

    I am 18 with 42 years of experience.

    Hammock Hangers...taking over the world..2 trees at a time !

    Warbonnet BB 1.7 and a whole lot of other great gear from the vendors on HF

  3. #3
    Senior Member Lorax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Hammock
    WBBB (1.7,1.1) Nx-200 and ENO DN
    Tarp
    Superfly and MJ
    Insulation
    Pad and HG UQ
    Suspension
    Straps with mods
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    Did you hit it ?
    Yes, but my wallet accidentally caught some friendly fire and was destroyed in the process. I hope my wife wasn't set on getting those dozen roses this year.

  4. #4
    Senior Member BearChaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    West Virginia
    Hammock
    WBBB, D.I.Y. KSSH
    Tarp
    ZPacks
    Insulation
    H.G. & Warbonnet
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch
    Posts
    398
    Lorax, you will love it. 6'-4" here and plenty of room inside. When you get the skinny tube with the Superfly inside, it will amaze you when you start pulling it out. It's like a magical trick of never ending tarp.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Lorax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Hammock
    WBBB (1.7,1.1) Nx-200 and ENO DN
    Tarp
    Superfly and MJ
    Insulation
    Pad and HG UQ
    Suspension
    Straps with mods
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedup View Post
    Lorax, you will love it. 6'-4" here and plenty of room inside. When you get the skinny tube with the Superfly inside, it will amaze you when you start pulling it out. It's like a magical trick of never ending tarp.
    Day 1 of a 10 dayer up into BWCA and Quetico, we had a big strong strorm rip through and the coverage of the HH fly was insufficient. (a bomb shelter might have been a little light for that particular storm!) I love the hammock and though about getting a bigger tarp, but just decided to upgrade as well as try something different.
    Up here, there is constant wind and fast moving storms. We also use pads in the hammocks 90% of the time due to the temps. So the bottom entry, as well as I always dealt with it, would be nice to get away from when dealing with pads and gear inside the hammock. I'll find it a nice home.

    I've seen the BB's in use and was instantly impressed. It seemed to fill all the gaps I didn't like so much about the HH, with more comfort than the Clark.

    My learning curve will be rigging and controlling the SF tarp in windy conditions. I'll make something work well with the side pulls. It will take a few nights out, I'm sure.

  6. #6
    Senior Member BearChaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    West Virginia
    Hammock
    WBBB, D.I.Y. KSSH
    Tarp
    ZPacks
    Insulation
    H.G. & Warbonnet
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch
    Posts
    398
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorax View Post
    Day 1 of a 10 dayer up into BWCA and Quetico, we had a big strong strorm rip through and the coverage of the HH fly was insufficient. (a bomb shelter might have been a little light for that particular storm!) I love the hammock and though about getting a bigger tarp, but just decided to upgrade as well as try something different.
    Up here, there is constant wind and fast moving storms. We also use pads in the hammocks 90% of the time due to the temps. So the bottom entry, as well as I always dealt with it, would be nice to get away from when dealing with pads and gear inside the hammock. I'll find it a nice home.

    I've seen the BB's in use and was instantly impressed. It seemed to fill all the gaps I didn't like so much about the HH, with more comfort than the Clark.

    My learning curve will be rigging and controlling the SF tarp in windy conditions. I'll make something work well with the side pulls. It will take a few nights out, I'm sure.
    I was setup this past weekend with wind gusts in the 20's (probably not even close to what you experience) and noticed that even with the pull outs tied, the fly would blow in against my hammock slightly. After a few hours I noticed the fly had some slack in it, not sure if my lines worked a little loose (using figure 9's on corners) or what but it did have a little slack in it from the constant on/off pushing from the wind. I was also setup with the side directly into the wind for testing and could have setup a little diagonally into to the wind which should prevent this. But, what I did was made some tension thingies for the corners. I got to try them out a little and noticed that now the wind will blow it in a little but it springs right back out. Stayed nice & tight the whole time. Just a thought.

    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...t=28512&page=2

    Just for clarification. I did have the Superfly setup at a fairly steep angle the first day making the sides almost like a wall. As I mentioned above I was not setup ideally, & if in a real world situation I would have tried to find a less windy spot or setup a little different. Doing those two things would of made a difference. But I wanted to test it out, doing so, I now know.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Lorax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Hammock
    WBBB (1.7,1.1) Nx-200 and ENO DN
    Tarp
    Superfly and MJ
    Insulation
    Pad and HG UQ
    Suspension
    Straps with mods
    Posts
    226
    I'm a tarper and can come up with all kinds of configurations and set ups (into the wind, using the pull outs, etc.)

    I will be trying some bungeed loops on the tarp. Silnylon is a finicky material, especially when wet.

    At some point, I'll get a smaller tarp for the summer, but 90% of the time, it will be used with the SF tarp.

    Thanks for your input! It gets me thinking ahead a little.

  8. #8
    gunner76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Beaufort, NC
    Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Posts
    5,800
    Images
    39
    I hope my wife wasn't set on getting those dozen roses this year
    Its not the mumber of roses but the fact you even got some for the wife that makes them happy.
    Merchants Mill Pond SP Swamp Hang

    www.neusioktrail.org ..................... Free Hammock Classes

    Hammock Gear Time Line ..............Hammock Friendly Sites in NC

    I am 18 with 42 years of experience.

    Hammock Hangers...taking over the world..2 trees at a time !

    Warbonnet BB 1.7 and a whole lot of other great gear from the vendors on HF

  9. #9
    Senior Member ShadowAlpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    NW Georgia
    Hammock
    WBBB SL Lefty /Traveler
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti,0*Phnx,Burrow
    Suspension
    Stuff from Dutch!
    Posts
    2,280
    Images
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    Did you hit it ?
    I thought the same thing when I saw the title of the thread!

    re: roses.. I was happy with 2lbs of waffle house coffee & a Brazilian hammock!

    Enjoy the WBBB & tarp!

  10. #10
    Senior Member Lorax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Hammock
    WBBB (1.7,1.1) Nx-200 and ENO DN
    Tarp
    Superfly and MJ
    Insulation
    Pad and HG UQ
    Suspension
    Straps with mods
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    Its not the mumber of roses but the fact you even got some for the wife that makes them happy.

    I was going to get her dark chocolate covered lobster tails that have been soaked in $200 a bottle cognac, but I have this gear addiction.............


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •