ENO DN
    Tarp
    wally world tarp
    Insulation
    pad and bag
    Suspension
    webbing

sewing guyline things on a tarp

how do you sew the guyline things is the middle of a tarp? from what ive herd its hard to do. but looking at it it just looks like you could just take a 2" piece of webbing and box stick it on. is this correct or an i not understanding the process?

sorry but ive got couple more questions. ive been thinking about sewing a zipper around the edge of my hammock so i could zip it up for colder weather. again good idea or no? and ive also thought about cutting a piece of fleece a little bigger then the hammock itself and sewing velcro on the hammock and fleece so i can use it wither as a TQ or lay on it durring the summer. good idea or no?

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    DIY Cat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ TQ
    Suspension
    WS to Ridged Strap
    Images
    Hey TyGuy,
    I have done this a couple of times on my tarps, but it is a pain to get right. Check out this option for a no-Sew option. This is how I will go next time.

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...=Silicone+LIne
    - William -

How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. - Psalms 119:9

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    wally world tarp
    Insulation
    pad and bag
    Suspension
    webbing
    thank you for the reply i will keep that in mind. can anyone help me with my other 2 questions?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL/DIY
    Tarp
    OES/WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Images
    Are you concerned about weight at all? Just a thought due to having the weight of a zipper on your hammock. You might want to try a hammock sock instead. You can pull the sock on you during colder temps and then remove it when not needed. I just finished one - pics or it didn't happen, I know, I know, I'll upload it tonight - and it worked out very well. I had additional insulation but the hammock sock is a winner IMO. Regarding the velcro, again, are you concerned about weight? I've never had or used velcro (or a zipper) on my hammock so I can't speak to that but velcro does something very well, especially when you don't want it to... stick. Fleece + velcro could be a real PITA. Might be better off putting a layer of fleece in a nylon shell and making a fleece top quilt.

Hope that helps.
    Syb
    Enjoy the elevation

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    The idea of a hammock as a bivy is not a new one. The Grand Trunk All Terrain Hybrid Hammock was advertised as being able to pull over as a bivy. In playing around with that hammock I was less than impressed by that feature and found it only worked if I abandoned the diagonal lay that was most comfortable. use of an overcover might provide the same benefit as the zipper idea and allow you to remain in the diagonal position.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Here is a thread I posted on it ....... you may find a better way. The circles are for re-inforcement. Pull-Outs

Here is more pull-out info for you: http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...archid=3529695

Shug
    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!

Shug's YouTube Videos

Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

Shug and Friends Jammin'

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    wally world tarp
    Insulation
    pad and bag
    Suspension
    webbing
    weight isn't much of an issue as i stand right now with a tent my pack is at a base weight of 25-27 pounds. so at or around this weight would be fine. as for laying diagonally i tend to just lie straight in my hammock