Nylon between two trees.
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    enLIGHTened Eqmt.
    Suspension
    Made Some Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshLaw303 View Post
    working on weights now. Old weights won't apply to new products as i am now using overfill and the inflation tube and bonding strips (tube and bonding adds .5oz)

Took down the UQ as it wasn't diff cut and i need to spend some more time getting it right. If you want a non dif cut rectangle let me know i can do that with no cost premium for custom sizing.

-Tim
    How about a synthetic under quilt? Any plans?

BF

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock 12'
    Insulation
    DIY Karo + HG TQ
    Suspension
    AHE Web/Buckles
    Images
    Descriptions sound really good, but i'm sure pictures will make it unbearable. Going to have to strap the wallet closed.

Keep up the good work!

Hammock
    11' gathered end
    Tarp
    Hex 11' DIY
    Insulation
    Revolt/Enigma
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    crummy pics coming soon. Good pics will come once i start making these new sizes and features. Right now i just have some proto stuff with the new features.

-Tim

Hammock
    11' gathered end
    Tarp
    Hex 11' DIY
    Insulation
    Revolt/Enigma
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    synthetic underquilt could be done for same price as current synth quilts with 4 corner tabs and a few side tabs (still not dif cut)

I will be working on specific underquilts but have no idea when they will be ready.

-Tim

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock 12'
    Insulation
    DIY Karo + HG TQ
    Suspension
    AHE Web/Buckles
    Images
    Rectangular quilts with corner tabs ala the Mount Washington 3 or 4 are perfect for those bridge users. In fact I think you would see a demand for a synthetic (Climashield apex) version with the tabs in the same place as a MW3/4 as an option for the BMBH.

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Tim, I applaud you for providing details of construction of your fine products. In the ongoing discussions of the cost vs. benefits of DIY and MYOG, not much mention has been made of the difference in materials cost because they are usually overshadowed by considerations of labor and time. However when it comes to CTF3 (formerly "cuben") and the adhesive products needed to bond it, the materials cost becomes a second major factor. IMO those who want the higher-end gear would do well to to purchase, rather than invest the time and money it takes to DIY. I suspect most of your customers do take the trouble to educate themselves about the gear before they purchase, because they want to know precisely what they're getting for their hard-earned currency. I predict that your detailed descriptions will help your products gain acceptance from these buyers.

Of course, there are always impractical types like me who will insist on custom-making our own mistakes, because the occasional successes are worth it. We like learning about your construction methods, too.

Hammock
    11' gathered end
    Tarp
    Hex 11' DIY
    Insulation
    Revolt/Enigma
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I like to be as transparent as possible in how i do things. I like people to know what they are buying. for some the info isn't needed but for many they are very informed and know exactly what they want. Many of my customers are smarter than me and by fully disclosing my methods it make it easier for them to show me how to make things better, and they do. A lot of my changes have come from their feedback. The recent change to bonding the baffles has come more from a fear people have had that water could get in than from real world experiences, but if i can eliminate a barrier for people to try my stuff i will (if it doesn't add much weight). I also want people to make their own gear. If extreme details of how i do things help them to make their own stuff i value that a lot too. As long as they don't become the competition

-Tim

Hammock
    11' gathered end
    Tarp
    Hex 11' DIY
    Insulation
    Revolt/Enigma
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Well i think i have done all i can at this point. The site is now operational and the ordering can begin. Next week i will finish up with the last bit of materials i have so i won't be ordering more until April1 so i can get enough to cover all the sale orders. Than means those who order today will probably wait about 7 weeks with the wait increasing as orders add up.

I'll add some pics next week when i get a chance. Sorry to not have them but i sent the prototypes off without thinking.

-Tim

Hammock
    1.7 WBBB
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Flamethrower UQ
    I am very interested in the Epiphany-APEX for use in Iraq, but require a tan, brown, or green color.

Before I pull the trigger on an order, will it be possible to get a subdued color?

I think your design has potential military uses, but with the synthetic version rather than the down. Of course, a mulitcam version would be the ultimate .

Hammock
    11' gathered end
    Tarp
    Hex 11' DIY
    Insulation
    Revolt/Enigma
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I can occasionally get a tan color. However, for military use (where it might not get soft loving treatment) i can get some heavier cuben fiber (.75ozyd) in the past i have been able to get it in a light tan also. The white insulation is visible through the material and the material is slightly light reflective vs a flat finish like nylon has so not sure if that would be an issue for you. The only problem i will run into is that i won't know for sure what colors or weights i can get until i order in April. I can contact them now but there is no guarantee they will have the same things in 2 weeks. When i asked about colors and stock last week they had some black (light gray) and forest green (kind of lime-ish if you ask me). You can visit ZPacks site to see the colors of cuben i am talking about. I know he uses black and green but in heavier weights so the colors are more solid then they are in the light weights.

-Tim

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast