Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Pole mods

  1. #1
    Senior Member Danalex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ottawa Canada
    Hammock
    2011 Chrysalis
    Tarp
    BlackCat dbl poles
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    DIY web and cinch
    Posts
    514

    Pole mods

    Just bought this tarp and I'd like the pole mod to open up the tarp to fit the 39" spreader bars on my chrysalis hammock.


    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=29824


    What do you think, one centre pole will be enough or one on each end??
    "Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles"
    Hunter S. Thompson

  2. #2
    GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Hammock
    DIY Bridge, v0.n, where n is large
    Tarp
    depends on season
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Posts
    4,628
    Images
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by Danalex View Post
    Just bought this tarp and I'd like the pole mod to open up the tarp to fit the 39" spreader bars on my chrysalis hammock.


    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=29824


    What do you think, one centre pole will be enough or one on each end??
    one in the middle will do nothing to move the tarp away from those spreader bars. To do that you'll want one at each end.

    But since you're hauling a Chrysalis around, you won't hardly notice a few more ounces
    Grizz
    (alias ProfessorHammock on youtube)

  3. #3
    2Questions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lititz, PA
    Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Slings/straps
    Posts
    2,395
    Images
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by Danalex View Post
    Just bought this tarp and I'd like the pole mod to open up the tarp to fit the 39" spreader bars on my chrysalis hammock.


    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=29824


    What do you think, one centre pole will be enough or one on each end??
    I'd go with one on each end. Place the pole pockets at the corners. Arch the poles to match up with your spreader bars location, securing them with ribbon ties at the ridge line. Will look like "Cajun hikers" tarp.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=22650
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    and More!

    "The difference between genius and stupidity is.... genius has its limits" - Albert Einstein

  4. #4
    Senior Member exup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Hammock
    Traveler 1.1 sl/WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Dynaglide whoopies
    Posts
    1,201
    Images
    2
    Lucky man to have gotten that tarp! Thing of beauty. Are those spreader bars really that wide?

  5. #5
    Senior Member Danalex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ottawa Canada
    Hammock
    2011 Chrysalis
    Tarp
    BlackCat dbl poles
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    DIY web and cinch
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    one in the middle will do nothing to move the tarp away from those spreader bars. To do that you'll want one at each end.

    But since you're hauling a Chrysalis around, you won't hardly notice a few more ounces
    Exactly, what's another pound or so

    When payapl is topped up the 'light' version will be ordered.
    "Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles"
    Hunter S. Thompson

  6. #6
    Senior Member Danalex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ottawa Canada
    Hammock
    2011 Chrysalis
    Tarp
    BlackCat dbl poles
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    DIY web and cinch
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Questions View Post
    I'd go with one on each end. Place the pole pockets at the corners. Arch the poles to match up with your spreader bars location, securing them with ribbon ties at the ridge line. Will look like "Cajun hikers" tarp.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=22650
    That's my idea right there, thanksl!

    Interested in a little project???
    "Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles"
    Hunter S. Thompson

  7. #7
    Senior Member Danalex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ottawa Canada
    Hammock
    2011 Chrysalis
    Tarp
    BlackCat dbl poles
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    DIY web and cinch
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by thexuprising View Post
    Lucky man to have gotten that tarp! Thing of beauty. Are those spreader bars really that wide?
    Yup, 39" and I added a 3/4" spacer at the head end.

    Good for us 'wide loads'
    "Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles"
    Hunter S. Thompson

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •