WB Traveler
    Tarp
    HG 4 season cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ/Burrow TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings

Jumping on the cuben bandwagon

I knew this would happen I'm thinking of the 11x8.5x7 Zpack (like the one shown on the site) but with doors. Has anyone done a different design? Do most get pullouts? I don't use them now, but I did buy grip clips with the intention of adding them to my current tarp, just seems like more stakes to carry. What about cat cut? From what I've read here, it's still a good thing.
    Also, I have a continuous ridgeline already which I will keep, so do I need to talk with Joe about having attachment points for them?
    Anyway, I need to order soon so I'll have it for a summer trip, 8 week waiting list now. I appreciate your input.
    PS I've researched all the posts here to date re:cuben, still seeking help.

Thanks in advance,
    Leigh (in an ongoing pursuit of the lite)
    Leigh
    aka LookinUp

He who would travel happily must travel light.
    Antoine de St. Exupery

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clb View Post
    I knew this would happen I'm thinking of the 11x8.5x7 Zpack (like the one shown on the site) but with doors. Has anyone done a different design? Do most get pullouts? I don't use them now, but I did buy grip clips with the intention of adding them to my current tarp, just seems like more stakes to carry. What about cat cut? From what I've read here, it's still a good thing.
    Also, I have a continuous ridgeline already which I will keep, so do I need to talk with Joe about having attachment points for them?
    Anyway, I need to order soon so I'll have it for a summer trip, 8 week waiting list now. I appreciate your input.
    PS I've researched all the posts here to date re:cuben, still seeking help.

Thanks in advance,
    Leigh (in an ongoing pursuit of the lite)
    I and some friends made DIY cuben tarps this weekend...
    I basically used the same design as this thread (stolen from LRR-thanks!!)
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=28050

-I have not added panel tie outs yet..I can't decided if I want them, so no help!
    -I used a cat-cut...not sure if its necessary. It wasn't any more work, so...??
    -I also use a CRL and no additional ties needed...IMO

Cuben is new...everyone is doing things a lil different than the next guy. No definitive design answers...so, ask Joe (zpack) what he recommends...
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Images
    I have one on order from Joe, with a longer bottom cut 11x8.5x9, and side pull outs. The side pull outs I find, so far with my Superfly, to be very handy in creating room. I can pitch my tarp low for rain, but still have tons of room inside. Same reason I requested the extra 2' extension on the bottom edge. It should be here next week, I'm hoping!

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by animalcontrol View Post
    I and some friends made DIY cuben tarps this weekend...
    I basically used the same design as this thread (stolen from LRR-thanks!!)
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=28050

-I have not added panel tie outs yet..I can't decided if I want them, so no help!
    -I used a cat-cut...not sure if its necessary. It wasn't any more work, so...??
    -I also use a CRL and no additional ties needed...IMO

Cuben is new...everyone is doing things a lil different than the next guy. No definitive design answers...so, ask Joe (zpack) what he recommends...
    Yeah I cant wait to get mine although I really have to mention that this is SCLittlefield design for the BWWD model so no credit here. I do wish Scott started making tarps again. AAHH the good ooollll dayz. JK I cant wait to get my z-pack tarp from Joe I know the quality is going to be most excellent.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

• + New Posts