Tarp
    Homemade MacCat
    Insulation
    ccf pad
    Suspension
    ring buckle, strap
    Images

Hi Everbody, Gumbi here!

I've been a member of Hammock Forums for close to two years now? I can't remember... I do ALOT more lurking and reading than posting, though, but I never formally introduced myself.

I have always loved camping, backpacking, and canoeing; I even minored in camping at Calvary Bible College, but I really hated waking up on a trip feeling worse than when I went to sleep. I am rather skinny, and while sleeping on the hard ground, I couldn't sleep on my back, but if I slept on my side, I would wake up every hour because it would cut off the circulation in my leg and arm on that side. So I started looking for something different and I ran across Sgt. Rock's website, as well as JustJeff's website.

And then I found HF. What a great source of information for the hammock camper! Shug's videos on youtube were also extremely helpful.

I've made most of my own hammock gear, including a Speer-type hammock and a MacCat-style tarp (which I waterproofed myself!).

Now all I have to do is talk my wife into joining me! (she likes the feeling of an enclosed tent when she is sleeping, and isn't interested in anything more than car camping once a year.)
    Last edited by Gumbi; 03-25-2011 at 11:40.
    Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool.

• + New Posts