Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    314
    Images
    10

    where to find guyline by the spool

    I'd like to find a spool of some polyester sheathed spectra guyline, fairly thin in diameter. my "google-foo" isn't working very well because I can't seem to find it except in small quantities. Can anyone point me to another source or brand name or something?

    --Matt

  2. #2
    Syb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Trenton, NJ
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL/DIY
    Tarp
    OES/WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Posts
    1,638
    Images
    41
    Zing-It at reddenmarine.com. 1.75mm. That work for you?
    Syb
    Enjoy the elevation

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    314
    Images
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Syb View Post
    Zing-It at reddenmarine.com. 1.75mm. That work for you?
    I was looking for someone with a sheath so it'd hold knots better, but I'll take a look

  4. #4
    UncleMJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Hammock
    HHExplUL; WBBB; SmokeHouse; ROO...
    Tarp
    HM Suite or HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Posts
    2,287
    Images
    6
    Lately I've been using the 200# test Dacron Planer Board Tow Line like this.

    I picked up some 150' spools for about $9.00 at Gander Mountain. It's high visibility and seems to be easy on the tangles.

  5. #5
    UncleMJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Hammock
    HHExplUL; WBBB; SmokeHouse; ROO...
    Tarp
    HM Suite or HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Posts
    2,287
    Images
    6
    I like Zing-it for the tarp ridge-line but I don't really need a 400# line that cost 3 times as much for tie outs when the Tow Line is good to 200# and is also easy to splice.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    314
    Images
    10
    That sounds like something to try. Might have to run by Gander Mountain tomorrow...

  7. #7
    UncleMJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Hammock
    HHExplUL; WBBB; SmokeHouse; ROO...
    Tarp
    HM Suite or HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Posts
    2,287
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mundele View Post
    That sounds like something to try. Might have to run by Gander Mountain tomorrow...
    When I was in ours last week, it was an item they were closing out so it was 40% off.

    Go to the fishing section and be sure to ask specifically for Cortland Planer Board Tow Line in the 200# strength. If you mention you want something for guy lines they'll look at you crazy and send you to camping.

  8. #8
    BrianWillan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
    Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Tarp
    Ogee / UGQ B.A.T.
    Insulation
    HG Inc-BE / Wiggys
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    1,864
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Mundele View Post
    I'd like to find a spool of some polyester sheathed spectra guyline, fairly thin in diameter. my "google-foo" isn't working very well because I can't seem to find it except in small quantities. Can anyone point me to another source or brand name or something?

    --Matt
    How about some Speer No Tangle from Tree To Trail Gear? Although the description says its nylon sheathed. Many here use it for tarp guy lines and ridge lines. It holds knots well.

    OES also sells guy line too. It appears to be the same as the Speer No Tangle based on the description and pictures.

    Cheers

    Brian

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    314
    Images
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWillan View Post
    How about some Speer No Tangle from Tree To Trail Gear? Although the description says its nylon sheathed. Many here use it for tarp guy lines and ridge lines. It holds knots well.

    OES also sells guy line too. It appears to be the same as the Speer No Tangle based on the description and pictures.

    Cheers

    Brian

    Yep something like that but I was hoping to get a larger quantity (a spool maybe)


    --MAtt

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Desert Center, Ca
    Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Winter Nest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Posts
    65

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •