Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1oz Dual Layer
    Tarp
    Big Mamajamba
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Thanks for the info, guys. I'll have to play with this set up some more the next time I'm out. Maybe if I get to camp earlier and the weather is good I can sit and fiddle with it. This is cool stuff though.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB, HG + Phoenix
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    I have the BB with a Big Mamajamba also (no doors). The single ridgline vs. dual is personal preference. At the moment I have the SRL and it works perfectly fine whether over or under the ridgeline. As other have said, it wants to be tight. A SRL is easy to adjust to your hammock whether the hammock was pitched first or later (due to weather). Either way, as others have said, will benefit from more distance between the trees.

As for pads, this was my same method while I accumulated gear. When colder, I had the wide Walmart blue pad under my Thermarest. In early fall, just the blue pad. Both were between the layers of the BB. They did need slight adjustment whenever I entered the hammock, but stayed put during the night. That config hopefully ends this week when the 3s Phoenix arrives!
    Last edited by McSpartan; 04-04-2011 at 14:44. Reason: more detail
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 Double Layer
    Big Mamajamba Sil
    20D Black Mamba, 40D Burrow, 20D Phoenix
    DIY Whoopies and straps