Well I will try to keep this short. I am an Eagle Scout and now a Scoutmaster here in Northern Alabama, so at least once a month I will be camping in some form or fashion. I have always enjoyed the "piney woods" in a tent. But a few weeks ago I did a rain test with my trusty bombproof tent. It did ok, but I could not control the amount or water running under the tent. And that got me thinking, which led me to the idea of a hammock, which led me here.

After hours and hours of reading and watching reviews, and laughing at Shug , I decided to get a hammock, underquilt and tarp.

I considered Hennessy, Clark , and lastly this Warbonnet everyone was in love with. I wanted quality, but overall I just want to be dry and warm. So I liquidated some stuff I did not need and bought:

Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 DBL
KAQ New River
Hennessy Hex 70D tarp(weight did not bother me, and it was only $60; by this time I was running low on funds)
Dutch clips

I really hope these will serve me well for a long time. I know the tarp is not the best, but its big and hopefully waterproof.

None if it is here yet, but it gives me something to look forward to. Thanks to all those that have commented on threads, posted videos and answered my emails. This is a great resource.

Amel