Hammock
    UL BMBH
    Tarp
    CloudBurst
    Insulation
    Phoenix & Stealth
    Suspension
    Whoopies & DutchTi
    In my email to OES I already asked if there is enough material left over to make another CF Tarp, and I just saw Zpacks new CF tarp with doors ::facepalm::

Maybe I'll save longer and go with one of those. Unless you know of somewhere else I should look into? Other than MLD?
    Support: HammockGear - Zpacks - Jacks R Better - DreamHammock - Dutchware - AHE - Black Rock - Grand Trunk

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    HGCub/Deluxe Spinn
    Insulation
    HGP/SSF/JRBHR/HGBu
    Suspension
    line/ring/strap
    here's my take on tarps...I would rather sleep without one, so that I can see the stars. So I only take/put up a tarp when I think there's a chance of rain on the trip/that night. That being said, I only buy a tarp that's plenty big, 'cause if I'm going to carry one, I don't want to end up even a little wet. In for a dime, in for dollar regarding tarps. Therefore, I'd recommend getting one that will really do the job you want done well, and only carry it when needed.

Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.7 / HH ULBA / GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    SWT JRB 8x8/Poncho
    Insulation
    HG/JRB/Leighs/HHSS
    Suspension
    7/64 and 2mm WS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    here's my take on tarps...I would rather sleep without one, so that I can see the stars. So I only take/put up a tarp when I think there's a chance of rain on the trip/that night. That being said, I only buy a tarp that's plenty big, 'cause if I'm going to carry one, I don't want to end up even a little wet. In for a dime, in for dollar regarding tarps. Therefore, I'd recommend getting one that will really do the job you want done well, and only carry it when needed.
    I'd say there is a pretty good chance of encountering rain on an AT thru

Very possible to say completely dry under the Micro or Standard, especially in a Nano 7. If you are trying to go as light as possible, I would go with the Micro, the difference in coverage between the 2 seems minimal, so might as well save the weight.

But a CF tarp is hard to beat. I'd definitely save the $ for that for a thru.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 Trpl
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    GoLite Ultra 20
    Suspension
    1/8" Whoopie Sling
    Images
    I would also have recommended a cuben tarp from ZPacks as I have one that weighs in at 5.5 oz, but I got the impression that money was a factor.

Hammock
    UL BMBH
    Tarp
    CloudBurst
    Insulation
    Phoenix & Stealth
    Suspension
    Whoopies & DutchTi
    Quote Originally Posted by jhunt87 View Post
    If you are trying to go as light as possible, I would go with the Micro, the difference in coverage between the 2 seems minimal, so might as well save the weight.
    Agree with you there 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Triptease View Post
    I would also have recommended a cuben tarp from ZPacks as I have one that weighs in at 5.5 oz, but I got the impression that money was a factor.
    It was.

I'm going to try and see what I can do about coming up with the difference by this weekend.
    Support: HammockGear - Zpacks - Jacks R Better - DreamHammock - Dutchware - AHE - Black Rock - Grand Trunk

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    BigMamajamba Spinn
    Insulation
    Bag/Phoenix UQ
    Suspension
    Straps and Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Triptease View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by R00K View Post
    Agree with you there 100%

It was.

I'm going to try and see what I can do about coming up with the difference by this weekend.
    Keep in mind that the Zpacks homepage states an 8 week waiting period. :
    perrito

"If a man speaks in the woods, and there is no woman there to hear, is he still wrong?"

Hammock
    UL BMBH
    Tarp
    CloudBurst
    Insulation
    Phoenix & Stealth
    Suspension
    Whoopies & DutchTi
    Just ordered the new hammock tarp with doors from zPacks. Had to sell some gear, but hopefully it'll be worth it!