HH Explorer Deluxe+2QZQ Mod #4
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    20* bag, PL, HHSS
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner

Owl and Weasel's Second Hang

This weekend I went camping with my 3 sons. We hit the Woodridge Public Use Area near Clinton Lake, KS.

The weather Friday night was great, a little windy up high, but down in the trees it was fine. We hit the site, hung the hammocks (Weasel and I), and my other two sons setup the tent and made sure that we had water. Dinner was steaks smothered in potatos, onions, and green peppers cooked in foil over the fire.

The hang Friday night was comfy, even without the HHSS. Had to make a few adjustments since the tent was too close to my rainfly, but it worked out. Weasel had setup previously between the same two trees, so he had his hammock setup down pat.

Saturday rocked. Hot breakfast and mocha, then hit the trails around the lake. Found out that they were a LOT longer than we anticipated, but it was great weather, and I was in the woods with my boys...one of those "perfect days". Proof that age has nothing to do with having fun, we caught frogs, a ringneck snake, and a skink.

Did a little rearranging of camp when we got back, and I was able to setup my "porch" in my rainfly. Going to sleep was nice...cool breeze coming in on my face, and able to see the camp.

Had a micro-burst blast through camp around 4:30am Sunday morning...snapped the two small trees holding my fly up like tinder. Both Weasel and I had to make some adjustments...and of course my sleeping bag got caught in the velcro closure of my hammock...so I was too tired to figure out why I couldn't adjust the darned thing...CHILLY! LOL!

Next morning was cold and cloudy...but after a hot mocha we broke camp and rolled back to the house to celebrate my youngest set of twins's birthday.

Overall...one of the best weekends I've had in a long time. The wife enjoyed a quiet house, we got out in the woods....good juju!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    WB Blackbird Double Layer 1.0, DYI
    Tarp
    The Edge
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ HG-TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Dutchware
    Images
    Owl,

Thanks for you post and pics. Nice looking rigs you got there, Glad you enjoyed your outing with your boys and had great weather to boot.

Doesn't get much better than that.
    I hike with SCISSORS cause it makes me feel dangerous ... LoL

Hammock
    TTTG SB1.9s / DreamHmk
    Tarp
    HG WinterKingdom
    Insulation
    HG M50 Superiority
    Suspension
    MakinWhoopies Bob.
    Still committed to being in the tent with my boys too (5 & 7) but love being able to get out in the woods with them. I was just telling my youngest as I tucked him in tonight that we need to get out and go camping soon. No hammocks yet...
    -Bill

"...the wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog."
    -LTC D. Grossman

Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    OES Standard
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Amsteel w\MSH
    Images
    Glad you had a good time. Every once in awhile I will have a hammock trip that will outshine all others for awhile!

Clinton Lake. Close to the metro and easily assessable. Camped there many times, although I have yet to hang there. Good report, glad you had fun with the kids.