WBBB, DIY, ENO DN
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    3 days “In-school”
    Images
    I love Eagle's nest stuff, but it's just too heavy for me.

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by myles to go View Post
    The pad problems I think will take some practice but the ridgeline problem is easy. I don't use a separate ridgeline or my structural ridgeline to hold it, I use the webbing that is sewn into the top of the net to tension it. The picture in The second post is how I do it and The net is about 3" above my structural ridgeline and does not affect my organizer.
    +1...prusik to whoopie sling to tension the net or just let is lay on the hammocks SRL.

Hammock
    DIY "WARBIRD"
    Tarp
    OES STD,WB BMJ
    Insulation
    Golite TQ/leigh UQ
    Suspension
    WHOOPIES
    sometimes I use the 36" line that is attached to each end of the net. I tie a loop of shock cord to the line and loop that over the toggle on the tree strap and that will hold the net tight but let it give when you get in and out.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Double
    Tarp
    Kelty 12x12
    Insulation
    PonchoLiner GT+32
    Suspension
    Webbing,Rings,Carb
    Images
    Urdadi,
    I bought one today,
    I found out if I hang my hammock, set my hammock ridge line, if needed my tarp ridge line (set higher) then my bug net ridge line attached off my hammock carbines, hook the bug net hooks to the ridge line behind my hammock.
    Then unhook one of the hammock ends and run it into and out of the bug net same to the other side, this way you can install your pad then set the net.
    Hope it helps, worked for me.
    Timber

De DE DE DEDE DE (Short Morse Code) "Remember with my imagination you to can hear it Live on the Hammock Forums Radio, Live from Waco,TX."
    Update, I have used this for the last two nights,
    1st My ridge line was to loose hard to get legs in, then to tight and i felt like a barreto, loosened it up and it unhooked from the ridge line but felt better however the end opened around both my hammock ends. I fixed the Ends from opening up by looping the end line (Bug Net End Photo) to my Carabiners, this worked. I still felt squished with a high ridge line. (see photo) I noticed i don't have a strap/loop like some of you do, hummm? I then took my trusty Penney I always Carry for loop hooks that are not there and tied to the carbines, OH MY NOT SQUISHED!! (Snoopies is dancing! His nose is in the air He is off the ground with happiness! Off the ground do you think he is hanging out?) Are you smiling yet? can you hear it? Good, I did my Job. On to the rest of the story....I also twisted my hooks over the low ridge line to catch when weight is applied, (No comments from all the hangers in the trees i can visualize looking over the hammock sides with a smirking smile) See photos, This is a work in progress.
    thank you and hang in there. I am sorry I don't know how to add the pictured to this, I Did it! only took 2.5 hrs..

Up date from last nights use.... Bad news then good news.
    Bad news
    It's a warm bug net...
    Tight to get into and out of if hooked to the high ridge line/ tarp line

Good news, I know how to fix it,
    I found this out at 0430, to cool down the hammock with air movement the bug net needs to hook the 2nd and 3rd hook above your head to the high ridge line, by doing this from inside you tighten the net around the hammock and the AC is working again, Now to get out and not getting stuck lower the hooks to the lower ridge line from inside and the outfall is not with any problem...this takes practice ,

hope this helps, us rookies need to help us old slow moving habit forming hangers how to hang in there.
    I have been practicing for neer 50 years, I just remembered the key gos on the steering wheel now they are back to pushing buttons to start the truck/car.
    Cant wait to go back to 35 cents a gal for fuel.
    TimberbeastWaco
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TimberbeastWaco; 07-28-2014 at 09:57. Reason: Update add Photos

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12