Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Weight ??

  1. #1
    Member EZ-DOES-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    West Paterson, New Jersey
    Posts
    82

    Question Weight ??

    Can anyone here please tell me how much the Tom Claytor Jungle Hammock weights total with stuff sack, you know how you received it in the mail.
    Thank you for your time.

  2. #2
    neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    nashville,tennessee
    Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Posts
    4,156
    Images
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by EZ-DOES-IT View Post
    Can anyone here please tell me how much the Tom Claytor Jungle Hammock weights total with stuff sack, you know how you received it in the mail.
    Thank you for your time.
    i can wiegh my hammock and stuff sack,but i use a larger and heavier tarp
    i dont care about extra wieght,i love all it awesome features,tom even has a pic of my hammock and tarp on his website,just move mouse on the picture and it will say rick ashworths hammock in action neo

    its on the bottom of page with witeblaze on it.

    http://www.mosquitohammock.com/junglehammock.html

  3. #3
    Member EZ-DOES-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    West Paterson, New Jersey
    Posts
    82
    Thanks Neo,
    For your response but I am looking for the total weight as delivered.If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

  4. #4
    neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    nashville,tennessee
    Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Posts
    4,156
    Images
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by EZ-DOES-IT View Post
    Thanks Neo,
    For your response but I am looking for the total weight as delivered.If anyone can help I would appreciate it.
    pm miguel he and his wife both own tom claytor jungle hammocks
    with the original fly ask him to wieghs his neo

  5. #5
    Member nigelp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    New Forest, UK
    Posts
    86
    Images
    46
    Hi Tom's site quotes 1.5KG for the Jungle Hammock and fly, about 3 pound something in silly weights!!

    Nigel

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    4
    My Jungle Hammock with stock fly came in at 3 lb 10 oz, sack and all.

    Bear

  7. #7
    Senior Member gumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hubbardston, MA
    Hammock
    Traveler Mosquito
    Tarp
    Neo Tarp
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    i can wiegh my hammock and stuff sack,but i use a larger and heavier tarp
    i dont care about extra wieght,i love all it awesome features,tom even has a pic of my hammock and tarp on his website,just move mouse on the picture and it will say rick ashworths hammock in action neo

    its on the bottom of page with witeblaze on it.

    http://www.mosquitohammock.com/junglehammock.html
    Neo, is that fly the one from Sportsmans Guide? So I get that you really like your Jungle Hammock. Based on your review I may just get one.

    BTW can you use a peapod or nest on it?

    Thanks, Gumby

  8. #8
    Senior Member FanaticFringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lawrenceville, Ga
    Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Posts
    2,424
    Images
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    Neo, is that fly the one from Sportsmans Guide? So I get that you really like your Jungle Hammock. Based on your review I may just get one.

    BTW can you use a peapod or nest on it?

    Thanks, Gumby
    Yea, that's a 12x12 Sportsmans Guide AKA Neo tarp he's got in that pic.
    You can use Nest and Peapod on most every hammock.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...est+vs.+peapod
    www.jacksrbetter.com/index_files/FAQ.htm
    Last edited by FanaticFringer; 04-29-2007 at 11:51.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Elmira, NY
    Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Posts
    1,859
    Images
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    pm miguel he and his wife both own tom claytor jungle hammocks
    with the original fly ask him to wieghs his neo
    Hey Neo

    I don't have scale accurate enough to weigh it right down to the ounce. I'm not a super long distance hiker so I'm not a weight freak. As long as it's "reasonable" I'm good to go. Three lbs + or - is more than reasonable for me although I suppose if the hammock was lighter I could haul in more beer. Perhaps I should reconsider.

    Regarding the hammock ....like Neo....I love it. In particular I like the double bottom which means the pad is not in the hammock with you. (it stays where you put it), side entry, the extra length and the way the netting is suspended with the spacer bar. It's feels very spacious when you're in it. There are no problems using underquilts and other accessories with the Claytor hammocks. I'm also more than satisfied with the overall quality. Having said all that others will praise there hammocks with equal vigor. I'm sure there are more Hennesy hammocks out there than probably all the other brands combined. (among serious hammock campers) I simply could not get passed the bottom entry. I just found it too inconvenient in more ways than one. I feel sure you'll be satisfied with a Claytor Jungle Hammock if that's your choice.

    Miguel

  10. #10
    Senior Member gumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hubbardston, MA
    Hammock
    Traveler Mosquito
    Tarp
    Neo Tarp
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by FanaticFringer View Post
    Yea, that's a 12x12 Sportsmans Guide AKA Neo tarp he's got in that pic.
    You can use Nest and Peapod on most every hammock.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...est+vs.+peapod
    www.jacksrbetter.com/index_files/FAQ.htm
    Thanks, I got one of those tarps awhile back. Now maybe I'll talk my wife into buying one of the hammocks.

    Gumby

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •