Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    KJ,,glad your having a good time.
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetbabyd View Post
    CRG thanks for the great report and pics. knee replacement - how did that happen to fine young things such as ourselves? glad you got out - did you really have all that cool gear in your raft? fun and luxurious!
    Yes, we are quite decadent. Lounge chairs, tables, propane tanks, tarps, and my friend's brand new 6-burner Partner Steel stove. That baby will cook up a ton of grub for a big group of hunger rafters. Needless to say, we do not count ounces like the hiker folks. If we can strap it to the raft, we can bring it. Only down side to that is that you have to load & unload all that stuff everyday and haul it from the boat to camp.
    As for the knee......foolishness as a 20 year old leads to joint replacement as a 50 year old.
    KJ

Hammock
    DIY 11.5'
    Tarp
    HG Cuben /w doors
    Insulation
    BurrowTQ/KoalaUQ
    Suspension
    Webbing, whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cataraftgirl View Post
    Yes, we are quite decadent. Lounge chairs, tables, propane tanks, tarps, and my friend's brand new 6-burner Partner Steel stove. That baby will cook up a ton of grub for a big group of hunger rafters. Needless to say, we do not count ounces like the hiker folks. If we can strap it to the raft, we can bring it. Only down side to that is that you have to load & unload all that stuff everyday and haul it from the boat to camp.
    As for the knee......foolishness as a 20 year old leads to joint replacement as a 50 year old.
    KJ
    /jealous

good times...but if you don't want to haul all that stuff next time, ask me
    Life's a game. Play HARD!

Hammock
    WBBB / ENO DN
    Tarp
    OES MacCat / H.Hex
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cataraftgirl View Post
    August we'll be back on the Main Salmon, then Middle Fork in September.
    This year should be perfect for a Sept float down the MFSR. Are you launching from Dagger Falls? Need a guide?

I've been fortunate to float the MF twice but the last several years I haven't drawn a permit. Needless to say... I'm very jealous

"I'd rather be in the mountains thinking about God, than in church thinking about the mountains" - John Muir

Festus

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Quote Originally Posted by Festus View Post
    This year should be perfect for a Sept float down the MFSR. Are you launching from Dagger Falls? Need a guide?

I've been fortunate to float the MF twice but the last several years I haven't drawn a permit. Needless to say... I'm very jealous
    We do the Middle Fork every fall after the permit season ends. We fly in to Indian Creek. It's quite an interesting flight in twin prop Islanders, landing on a little gravel airstrip in the mountains. Launching from Boundary Creek means two days of pushing boats off rocks. We still get stuck below Indian Creek, but not constantly. Hopefully we will have "extra" water this year. Maybe I won't get stuck at all
    Here's some pics of my hammock on the MF last summer.
    KJ
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    WBBB / ENO DN
    Tarp
    OES MacCat / H.Hex
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images

Favorite Hangs

If I had to pick a couple places on the MFSR to hang, I'd probably go back to Loon Creek and Hospital Bar. (nice hot springs at both locations)

Being that you're familar with that river, I'd imagine you've stopped at almost all the sights..... Like "Rattlesnake Camp" ???

My Bro-In-Law works for the State and is responsible for inspecting all the State maintained runways in the backwoods. I've been able to fly in with him a couple times... and yes... It's interesting. Last time into Thomas Creek (spring time) we had deer running down the sides of the runway... on both sides of the runway. Good thing they didn't jump in front of the prop.

Here are a couple PICs from that trip in.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"I'd rather be in the mountains thinking about God, than in church thinking about the mountains" - John Muir

Festus

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Quote Originally Posted by Festus View Post
    If I had to pick a couple places on the MFSR to hang, I'd probably go back to Loon Creek and Hospital Bar. (nice hot springs at both locations)

Being that you're familar with that river, I'd imagine you've stopped at almost all the sights..... Like "Rattlesnake Camp" ???

My Bro-In-Law works for the State and is responsible for inspecting all the State maintained runways in the backwoods. I've been able to fly in with him a couple times... and yes... It's interesting. Last time into Thomas Creek (spring time) we had deer running down the sides of the runway... on both sides of the runway. Good thing they didn't jump in front of the prop.

Here are a couple PICs from that trip in.
    We usually camp at Stateland Right, across the river from Thomas Creek. We can hear the airplanes landing up there, but can't see them from the river. So far we've only had one lone deer on the Indian Creek airstrip. We sometimes stop at Rattlesnake Cave to look at the pictographs before heading down to Survey Creek camp (one of our favs). The pics I posted were at Indian Creek & Rock Island camp (another fav). So many cool things to see on the Middle Fork.....hot springs showers at Sunflower, soaks at Loon & Hospital bar, Veil Cave, and ice cream at Flying B. Plus lots of hammock trees.
    I better top typing, I'm drooling on the keyboard. Can't wait for September

KJ

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12