Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Images
    This is not the end, it is the beginning.

Hammock
    DIY Polyester
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Question

Hey guys and girls, can someone tell me why jspate61's youtube channel is still uploading dozens of videos all the time? http://www.youtube.com/user/jspate61

I was curious about building one of the cheap plastic tarps featured in his videos and even wanted to ask him some questions about it. I never looked at the upload date of those videos, so when I saw this thread I was shocked he had apparently passed away. So am I correct to assume he miraculously recovered? I can't imagine someone else uploading old clips constantly or this whole thing being a hoax, so someone please shed some light on this for me!

(Sorry if it's been dealt with before, I searched forever and I'm sure future visitors will appreciate an answer within this thread as well.)

Thanks!

Hammock
    Too many to list
    Tarp
    Cuben with doors
    Insulation
    FlThrwr UQ+DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies + straps
    Images
    Yes, I had seen the Cheap B*****d (jspate61) posting lots of videos with no mention of an illness. I always wondered what the deal was. (To answer one of your questions, I have never seen this issue raised before.)

I guess he was just leaving HF. I feel a little embarrassed for all the teary farewells we posted to him thinking he was dying. Oh well, live and let live, I guess.
    Last edited by Pipsissewa; 03-05-2013 at 16:52.
    "Pips"
    Mountains have a dreamy way
    Of folding up a noisy day
    In quiet covers, cool and gray.

---Leigh Buckner Hanes

Surely, God could have made a better way to sleep.

Surely, God never did.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ito View Post
    Hey guys and girls, can someone tell me why jspate61's youtube channel is still uploading dozens of videos all the time? http://www.youtube.com/user/jspate61

I was curious about building one of the cheap plastic tarps featured in his videos and even wanted to ask him some questions about it. I never looked at the upload date of those videos, so when I saw this thread I was shocked he had apparently passed away. So am I correct to assume he miraculously recovered? I can't imagine someone else uploading old clips constantly or this whole thing being a hoax, so someone please shed some light on this for me!

(Sorry if it's been dealt with before, I searched forever and I'm sure future visitors will appreciate an answer within this thread as well.)

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipsissewa View Post
    Yes, I had seen the Cheap B*****d (jspate61) posting lots of videos with no mention of an illness. I always wondered what the deal was. (To answer one of your questions, I have never seen this issue raised before.)

I guess he was just leaving HF. I feel a little embarrassed for all the teary farewells we posted to him thinking he was dying. Oh well, live and let live, I guess.

I'd like to know also. Someone with this name has posted very recently at that youtube site. Of course, he could well be in remission or having a very successful treatment, and I hope so. An update would be nice to have, though. I hope he is still with us and enjoying life!

I have one friend ( a fairly young ob/gyn surgeon) who got melanoma, discovered after it had metastasized to his brain, and was gone in a few months. I have another with melanoma which had spread, but he is still doing pretty well at least 4 years later, or several years at least.

I know two other surgeons, brothers, and Alzheimers took both of these surgeons quickly and at the same time. They were both working along one day, and out of the blue they both "retired" on the same day with no reason given, they just disappeared from the hospital more or less. Though I continued to see them out in the community. The younger brother is already dead a couple of years later, the older is hanging in there.

And get this: I saw an old HS classmate at a reunion last May, 1st time in 45 years. My wife commented that he seemed to be the youngest looking of the whole bunch. A few months later, he had a stroke. But, he appeared to be recovering from the stroke OK. But as of a few weeks ago, he is dead. Not from heart attack or stroke. He broke an ankle, as the e-mail said. But it might have been one or both of the larger bones near the ankle. As sometimes happens when large bones are broken, he threw a fat embolus and it killed him. About a week or two before that, my friend I made on a trip to Israel with 4 years ago, died. He lived about an hour from me. He was in his early 70s, but a strong, vigorous man. He fell while working in his yard and hit his head on some concrete. He wouldn't allow his wife to take him to the doctor, insisted he was all right. A couple of days later he complained of a headache, then maybe an hour later told his wife his headache was worse and died as they were talking. It's been kind of rough around here lately.

IOW, you never know. And I had not told Y'all this, but I am dying, as is every one I know. I've been dying for 64 years now. I am still managing to get in some good living though as I await the inevitable, thanks be to the Lord.

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    Quote Originally Posted by timabababaluka View Post
    Of that you can be certain. Know this also: the trip does not end... just changes location. I hope your family is able to appreciate and take comfort in your strength--our prayers are with you and with them. Farewell, for now.
    Couldn't have said it better.
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

Hammock
    DIY End Channel
    Tarp
    DIY Winter tarp
    Insulation
    UGQ and HG
    Suspension
    Kevlar, amsteel.
    Images

Re: Farwell, My Friends

Quote Originally Posted by Ito View Post

Thanks!
    Wow, if it isn't the same guy then I'm sorry to gear about a hf member passing.

If it is, then I would've thought that he would owe an explanation.

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    incubator/burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopies
    Images
    Strange!
    Another post by jspate61 on the same date as this one (06/06/11 and within 15 minutes) and cryptic as well.
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=34191.
    Hope he's made a recovery, but updating us would be nice.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Weird, very weird. I've checked out some of the pre-demise videos and post-demise videos and they sound like the same voice. He had 13 posts (some with videos) in the week before his "Farwell" thread" and was DIYing and going on a "First Annual Mid Missouri Bush Whack" during that week before his farewell. Quite a bit of activity for a terminal cancer patient - is that what I would be doing in the same situation?

And then jspate61 was gone, after just 119 posts on Hammock Forums.

Hammock
    Danger Bird
    Tarp
    Varies with season
    Insulation
    UGQ Everything
    Suspension
    Webbing Suspension
    Has anybody tried PM'ing him, out finding out through YouTube what may have happened?
    I miss my 4.8Lb base weight as a ground dweller...But I sure DON'T MISS the ground.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    This member indeed didn't die. As far as I know, he was never sick and made the whole thing up.

Before leaving, he got upset that the moderators wouldn't change the forum rules and allow him to use the 'cheap *******' username. But instead of simply using another name, he swore at us and called us a lot of names via PM. Then, he posted this thread.

It takes all kinds, I guess.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

• + New Posts
  • Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112