undecided
    Tarp
    Golite
    Insulation
    warm weather only
    Suspension
    undecided

retiring tropical flashpacker wantabe

I (68 yrs old man, 155#, mild emphysema) am retiring and plan to spend a few to several weeks at a time flashpacking Central America. I have been to Panama and Costa Rica three times, and am planning SW Nicaragua in August or September. I have a 14 pound base pack weight, and everywhere/nowhere in particular to go. I bought a GoLite poncho to save weight over my rain jacket and learned it can be used as a shelter. In the process I found these forums. I look forward to learning what I can about lightweight, hot/humid, bug-infested, hang-napping. I live in coastal south Texas so I am use to the climate. I will save questions for the appropriate forums. Thanks.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    9x10 tyvek
    Insulation
    ww blue ccf pad
    Suspension
    whoopies & toggles
    Images
    Welcome to the forum! I went to Costa Rica with a buddy of mine about 20 years ago (although I refuse to believe it's been that long), and absolutely loved it. Knew nothing about hammocks back then, so I feel like I never got the full experience--I envy you . Sounds like you've got some great times ahead of you... let us know all about them.
    You're gonna need a bigger hammock

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl & TTTR Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    You may want to drop a PM (Private Message) to Shadowmoss. She is somewhere in that area now and can give you some ideas on hammocking there.
    Rockdawg69

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).