View Poll Results: Your voice about SKAHOw 2012 ?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • 17 - 20 Feb in Muddus

    4 100.00%
  • 17 -20 Feb but not in Muddus

    0 0%
  • Muddus but not on 17 - 20 Feb (tell us when)

    0 0%
  • Totally somewhere else (tell us where)

    0 0%
  • Relocate the SKAHOw 2012 to Thailand

    0 0%
Page 36 of 63 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 621

Thread: SKAHOw 2012

  1. #351
    Senior Member moski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Cuben rag
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Posts
    1,560
    Images
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by hanktehtank View Post
    Our flight should arrive at 11:55 if everything goes as planned.
    And 16.00 on Monday, we don't want to miss that one


    Quote Originally Posted by hanktehtank View Post
    We might need to buy some food and such before heading out i guess...
    +1 on that
    That's tradition !
    It's also tradition not to touch any of the stuff you bought and hardly any of the stuff your brought.
    That is if you are a 08, if you are from Norrland you eat everything
    Moski, who no longer feels the Secret Ninja Ski emptiness..............
    B/C he got them now

  2. #352
    Stavros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lapland, Sweden
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.0DL
    Tarp
    Hammockgear Cuben
    Insulation
    UKhammocks UQ+TQ
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Webbing
    Posts
    801
    Images
    17
    If the flight leaves 1600 on Monday we can probably stay 2 nights at the cabin. If we start early monday morning there want be any problem reaching the road in time.

    But well see, all plans are changeable!

    Im trying to get GPS-ccordinates for the cabin so that we can find even though its dark or bad weather.

    The man who wrote about it would check his GPS and see if he had the coordinates for me.
    No longer with a great "Yukon Yak Fever"

    The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

    My pictures:My Picasa-album

    My paracord-webshop:Webshop
    Sorry dudes, only in Swedish (so far).

  3. #353
    Senior Member moski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Cuben rag
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Posts
    1,560
    Images
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Bieggolmai View Post
    The man who wrote about it would check his GPS and see if he had the coordinates for me.
    Whooohoo, that's secret ninja tactic
    Great work !
    Moski, who no longer feels the Secret Ninja Ski emptiness..............
    B/C he got them now

  4. #354
    Stavros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lapland, Sweden
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.0DL
    Tarp
    Hammockgear Cuben
    Insulation
    UKhammocks UQ+TQ
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Webbing
    Posts
    801
    Images
    17
    This is the man:

    http://www.kvikkjokk.nu/

    He has made some REAL films about Sarek, Padjelanta, Moosehunting.....

    He has some really great pictures also!
    No longer with a great "Yukon Yak Fever"

    The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

    My pictures:My Picasa-album

    My paracord-webshop:Webshop
    Sorry dudes, only in Swedish (so far).

  5. #355
    Stavros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lapland, Sweden
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.0DL
    Tarp
    Hammockgear Cuben
    Insulation
    UKhammocks UQ+TQ
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Webbing
    Posts
    801
    Images
    17

    The safe-house!

    The location of the safe-house is confirmed to be at the red dot on the map.

    Approx coordinates (RT90) is:
    N 7431949
    E 1688299

    We might get a visitor when we are hanging.
    A reporter........
    The word is spreading up north about some extremely crazy people that is going to hang in hammocks during -36C in the wilderness of Muddus.

    I dont have a single clue about who told this reporter about us!
    No longer with a great "Yukon Yak Fever"

    The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

    My pictures:My Picasa-album

    My paracord-webshop:Webshop
    Sorry dudes, only in Swedish (so far).

  6. #356
    Senior Member moski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Cuben rag
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Posts
    1,560
    Images
    34
    Great Ninja work here !

    Some questions a about the new situation ?
    • How will a reporter find us ? I'm starting to suspect we been infiltrated !
    • Is -36C confirmed ?


    PS, one hell of a reporter, who is willing to ski out in middle of nowhere in -36C .

    *EDIT*
    Hmm, is it the guy who gave you the Cordinates ?



    Quote Originally Posted by Bieggolmai View Post
    The location of the safe-house is confirmed to be at the red dot on the map.

    Approx coordinates (RT90) is:
    N 7431949
    E 1688299

    We might get a visitor when we are hanging.
    A reporter........
    The word is spreading up north about some extremely crazy people that is going to hang in hammocks during -36C in the wilderness of Muddus.

    I dont have a single clue about who told this reporter about us!
    Moski, who no longer feels the Secret Ninja Ski emptiness..............
    B/C he got them now

  7. #357
    Stavros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lapland, Sweden
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.0DL
    Tarp
    Hammockgear Cuben
    Insulation
    UKhammocks UQ+TQ
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Webbing
    Posts
    801
    Images
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by moski View Post
    Great Ninja work here !

    Some questions a about the new situation ?
    • How will a reporter find us ? I'm starting to suspect we been infiltrated !
    • Is -36C confirmed ?


    PS, one hell of a reporter, who is willing to ski out in middle of nowhere in -36C .

    *EDIT*
    Hmm, is it the guy who gave you the Cordinates ?
    Its the same guy indeed so Im sure he will find us!
    He will check with some magazines if they are interested in a story about the mad men sleeping in hammocks at -36C.
    I hope so, we need more members at HF!

    -36C is confirmed.
    Maybe not in Muddus when we are there but somewhere and sometime the temp will be -36C.....
    No longer with a great "Yukon Yak Fever"

    The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

    My pictures:My Picasa-album

    My paracord-webshop:Webshop
    Sorry dudes, only in Swedish (so far).

  8. #358
    Senior Member moski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Cuben rag
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Posts
    1,560
    Images
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Bieggolmai View Post
    -36C is confirmed.
    Maybe not in Muddus when we are there but somewhere and sometime the temp will be -36C.....
    Cool
    You are doing a great job with the snow down here,
    now we just need some coldness.
    Moski, who no longer feels the Secret Ninja Ski emptiness..............
    B/C he got them now

  9. #359
    Senior Member hanktehtank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Hammock
    Exped Ergo
    Tarp
    Exped Tarp
    Insulation
    UKham. Winter UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    158
    Hang Update!

    So i was out last friday and wanted to hang overnight at a place
    i thought was suitable for some testing but it did not go so well...

    The main issue was keeping the fire alive... every piece of wood in
    the area was pretty soaked and covered in frost so i was constantly
    tending the fire and could not get any hang time at all

    (cant really bring dry firewood with me since i dont have a car.)

    I stayed there until the fire was completely dead and walked back
    home a bit dissapointed.

    Ill see if i can try again this weekend or the one after that!
    ----------------------------------------------------

    Phase 1 : Buy Hammock.
    Phase 2 : ... ... ...
    Phase 3 : Profit!

  10. #360
    Senior Member moski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Cuben rag
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Posts
    1,560
    Images
    34
    Sorry, to hear that !
    Must have been very disappointing !
    But you can hang without a fire, you know


    Quote Originally Posted by hanktehtank View Post
    Hang Update!

    So i was out last friday and wanted to hang overnight at a place
    i thought was suitable for some testing but it did not go so well...

    The main issue was keeping the fire alive... every piece of wood in
    the area was pretty soaked and covered in frost so i was constantly
    tending the fire and could not get any hang time at all

    (cant really bring dry firewood with me since i dont have a car.)

    I stayed there until the fire was completely dead and walked back
    home a bit dissapointed.

    Ill see if i can try again this weekend or the one after that!
    Moski, who no longer feels the Secret Ninja Ski emptiness..............
    B/C he got them now

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •