Maybe something to consider . . .

I recently attended the Grand Opening of the Mast General Store in Columbia SC a few weeks ago and got to listen to the Backpacker presentation with Sheri and Randy Propster. There was a hammock-maker there and Sheri and Randy spoke briefly about using hammocks for backpacking. This got me thinking about using the media to help educate the public and possibly lend a helping hand to persuade law makers into seeing the benefits of using hammocks in ALL state parks.

Then I got to thinking about how the Mt. Rogers Hang this year invited the Grayson Highlands State Park Rangers to join them on Saturday during the event. Why not extend Sheri and Randy an invite to one of our bigger hangs where some of our cottage guys could be present as well as those of us that thoroughly enjoy hammocking for any occasion whether it be backpacking, kayaking, motorcycling, backyard . . . I'd be willing to bet with enough advance notice Sheri and Randy would make the effort to be there. It would make great publicity for our cause and enhance any efforts to help change some state laws.

Just a thought and my $0.0146