Hammock
    DIY RS custom
    Tarp
    DIY winter custom
    Insulation
    DIY UQ+TQ &/or bag
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie+Straps
    a sticky about stickies... something akin to looking up the word "definition" in a dictionary

Dumb question: Is it called a sticky because it always stays on top?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    HG Cuban, SuperFly
    Insulation
    WB quilts
    Suspension
    Dutch, UCR
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sdf View Post
    Dumb question: Is it called a sticky because it always stays on top?
    not a dumb question, but yes, they are "stuck" to the top of the different forums.

however, if you do like I do, I always click the "New posts" and the isn't a new post within a sticky, then you don't really see the stickies.

stickies....
    Call me Junior

Pirating Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    "For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away" Bryan Adams....
    BLOG

Well...I'm pretty knew to forums in general. I started all my camping with a tent but after watching a TON of Shug YT's (and a few others from members that I recognize their names here too) I had to try one. Now it's almost all I think about all day. If I got to spend half as much time hang'n from a tree as I think about it I'd probably have moss growing on me. Anyway, I haven't spent much time on here because it just seems so busy. Hard to get back to a topic of interest sometimes and I had never heard of a "Sticky" except yellow pads. I really feel like I'm cheating myself by not going to the stickies ASAP to see what they even are.
    All that said this really seems to be a great place to spend time when I can't hang from a couple trees.

Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheKing View Post
    Well...I'm pretty knew to forums in general. I started all my camping with a tent but after watching a TON of Shug YT's (and a few others from members that I recognize their names here too) I had to try one. Now it's almost all I think about all day. If I got to spend half as much time hang'n from a tree as I think about it I'd probably have moss growing on me. Anyway, I haven't spent much time on here because it just seems so busy. Hard to get back to a topic of interest sometimes and I had never heard of a "Sticky" except yellow pads. I really feel like I'm cheating myself by not going to the stickies ASAP to see what they even are.
    All that said this really seems to be a great place to spend time when I can't hang from a couple trees.
    You can Subscribe to a Thread to keep up with that topic of interest. Just go to Thread Tools on the grey box on the upper right and use the drop down box to subscribe.
    Sticky On)))))))
    Shug
    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!

Shug's YouTube Videos

Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

Shug and Friends Jammin'

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    You can Subscribe to a Thread to keep up with that topic of interest. Just go to Thread Tools on the grey box on the upper right and use the drop down box to subscribe.
    Sticky On)))))))
    Shug
    Thanks Shug, I saw that subscribe but wasn't sure what I would be subscribing to.

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Sticky On)))))))
    Shug
    Thanks Shug, I was also looking how to do that.

Hammock
    ENO Double
    Tarp
    ENO Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY Sleeping
    Suspension
    ENO Pro Straps
    I am "Stuck" on this whole concept... Hmmm this could get sticky?