Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mbiraman View Post
    Thanks ID,,looks like a fun trip. Nice camping spot
    Thanks to all!

mbiraman, What I like most about that camping area is it can only be reached by boat. No cars, no radios and the ranger comes around in the evening to open the shed & sell fire wood!
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewelers View Post
    Who's yellow and white Elie Strait kayak was that? Would love to hear their thoughts on that model, as I was going to order 2 within the next month! Thanks Sean
    Jewelers, That was Grizzly Glen's Boat. He had just bought it and said so far he liked it. The plastic is different than most boats though and I'm wondering how long it would last paddling it on rivers. I've suggested he join here so maybe he'll comment soon.

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ih8mice View Post
    Thanks for the trip report...enjoyed it very much!

Just wondering your thoughts on the Jackson Rogue? I've been looking at the rogue and the liquid logic xp9.
    There was soooo much room in this boat it took only a minute to load my gear. It has hand holds all over it that made it easy to pick up and carry it to the camp spot with ease. I first unloaded it though by having my backpack to to carry my gear to camp. A large mesh laundry bag works good for that too! A large nylon touring skirt fit it when none of my whitewater skirts did. And taking out the center beam made it possible for putting stuff in the bow. Some boats don't have that feature.

The skeg really helped in the flats and made it easier to handle with the extra weight in it. I like how the sliding lever made it easy to switch it up or down quickly without any fiddle factor. With the skeg down I was catching eddies and peeling out as well as a 10 foot boat can do. It handled a lot like a creek boat.

The deck rigging came in handy to attach a deck bag to stow some sun screen, a snack and a map will slide under it for quick access. The only negative is a personal one, it's size is way too big for me. I really need to try the smaller one. I had to put so many shims in the hip pads, it only touched my hips but not really snug enough to fee locked in. All in all it's a cool boat and will serve a paddle camper well in flat or moving water.