Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    Superfly- Edge
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    I really love the versatility of my mega-ogee.. It will take on anything..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    We would be one step closer to world peace, if everyone slept in a hammock..

Hammock
    Snipe WinterGnome
    Tarp
    TtTTG 12x10
    Insulation
    WL-TQ/UQ, HG 3/4UQ
    Suspension
    stock
    Images
    I'm a big fan of tarps in the 11x8 and one can add a 2QZQ Griz Beak to close one end.
    This is a good compromise between coverage and weight IMO.

Hammock
    Grizz Bridge
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Pinnacle& Greylock
    Suspension
    Whoops
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=33877

Superfly + pole mod + 4 stakes = enough coverage for my ford explorer to park under it.

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    I gotta say, I didn't have any trouble going from a small tarp to a huge tarp. Only problem I found was the one pound, 6 oz's weight of the thing. This is my DIY tarp. It's like 11' ridgeline and maybe close to 9 feet at it's widest. Lots of tie outs and you don't even want to know how many stakes it takes when the weather warents using all of them. I've used it during some nasty storms, just about gale force winds and side-ways blowing rain. Always stayed dry. I'm now looking at those new carbon fiber tarps, that would at least cut down on the weight issues I have. Personally, I will carry the extra weight to have a huge tarp. I've found the benifits out "weigh" the negatives. Oh, I do remember one trip a while back that the only trees I could find to use were a bit "close". My huge tarp really didn't fit between them. But I could see that rain was coming so I set up anyways, using bushes and other trees that I wasn't using for the hammock. My tarp wound up being a bit off center from my tarp but with it being so big, I still stayed dry that night. Another night, I didn't have any trees and had to just sleep on the ground (eeeek!!!) My big tarp was under me and folded and over me too. At least I stayed dry, which is about all I can say for that night. If I'm car camping, I'll have my Guide Gear tarps, both of them.

TinaLouise

Images
    I have three tarps: A super-light DIY tarp made from an AMK HeatSheet2 for fair weather in the summer, a Hennessey Hex Fly for in-between weather (I took it to summer scout camp for a week... big enough to keep me dry in a couple of storms), and my monster Guide Gear 12x12 tarp that's good for anything (weathered a night of near-violent storms in March and stayed dry).

Hammock
    ENO Double
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    I'm leaning hard toward the Warbonnet Superfly. I don't mind the extra weight of a larger tarp. I'd rather have it than worry about getting wet for sure.

Now that Cuben Fiber....that's some sweet stuff! But I dunno if I have that kind of cash to shell out right now. Doesn't mean I don't want one!!

Hammock
    HH Expedition, DIY
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe
    Insulation
    DIY TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I'm using a Maccat deluxe upgraded from the stock HH and really like it. I also have a rain poncho that has tie out loops so I can do beak thing on one end if needed...
    "truth is uncontainable, and inexpressible. It neither is nor is not.
    This unformulated principle is the foundation of the different systems of all the sages."
    Diamond Sutra

Hammock
    TTTG SB1.9s / DreamHmk
    Tarp
    HG WinterKingdom
    Insulation
    HG M50 Superiority
    Suspension
    MakinWhoopies Bob.
    +1 for the Superfly. I was worried about it being "too big" as well, but as someone mentioned, just change the pitch. I've been in some weather with it that I was glad for the spaciousness. I ran the windward side almost to the ground, and then front porched the leeward side for a fantastic and dry view of the storm. On a non-hammock dayhike (again in a serious storm) we didn't make it to our turnaround in the allotted time so we had to head back mid trail. There were no other cars at the trailhead when we left, so we opted for a minor breach of trail etiquette. Threw up the SF across the trail, and had a dry lunch. It's a lot of fabric, and practice setting it up, but you'll love it.
    -Bill

"...the wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog."
    -LTC D. Grossman

Hammock
    ENO Double
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    I'm thinkin so...I've got to put new tires on my truck first. Then I'll refill my funny munny account and get the superfly.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DBL, Camo Hideaway, ENO DN
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Quattro15 View Post
    I'm thinkin so...I've got to put new tires on my truck first. Then I'll refill my funny munny account and get the superfly.
    You won't regret the superfly!