Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 48
  1. #21
    Senior Member 3club's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Battle Creek, MI
    Hammock
    underquilt
    Tarp
    roomy, no guy line
    Insulation
    down
    Suspension
    56' of straps
    Posts
    208
    Images
    4
    I always pack some duct tape for emergency repairs. It needs multiple holes to hold securely, so it's perfect for a screen. Once you're back home, just use a patch of the same material. It won't look "new", but it will look "experienced".

  2. #22
    Member Bushman of yukon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Yukon Territory
    Hammock
    HH Expeditions & grand trunk Ultra
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    SS & Pea Pods
    Suspension
    AHE Webbing,chain
    Posts
    70
    Images
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by mbiraman View Post
    Glad your ok Bushman. Grizzlies are sure a different animal than black bears. Personally i find Grizzlies unpredictable and grouchy to say the least,,,,,they make me a bit nervous. We have a few drainage's here where there are high concentrations of grizzlies and hiking is restricted . I wonder why it continued to bite at your hammock ????,,,,,,,,,,,.
    Be safe
    bill
    Thanks guys I have no idea why it bit more than once. Other than the fact it got pissed for it being in his way There was a trail behind my camp. They like the easiest route and my hammock was in a route that would have been easier. He proceeded to munch on some weeds just after in a big clearing. They like open areas and easy trails.

  3. #23
    MAD777's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South Florida
    Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY down 3/4 UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide & Dutch
    Posts
    8,566
    Images
    39
    I always carry this on every trip for emergency repairs ...
    http://www.ems.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3664554
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

  4. #24
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Terrace , BC
    Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    MEC Guide
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAVELER View Post
    i am thankful we dont have to deal with the grizzlies along with the black bears that are roaming around the farm ...i think i would have to buy a guide gun for that...glad you are intact bushman...
    A promising solution in Canada could be the Chiappa Mare's Leg in .44 magnum. http://chiappafirearms.com/product/824. About 4.3 pounds and an Overall length of 23 inches. Holds 6+1 .44 magnum cartridges. The first shipment to Canada just arrived and these are classified in Canada as "Unrestricted". I think there was a year waiting list for these once announced. The funny thing is in Canada these are classified as rifles for the unrestricted status and in the US they are classified as pistols so they do not have the $200 short rifle tax added to the cost. At any rate if you work or play in a high density Grizzly area it *might* be a light weight handy solution to have with you.

  5. #25
    Whoooo Buddy)))) Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    14,488
    Images
    62
    I hope they were just sample bites!
    Yessir....the outdoors is thrilling. You Grizz country fellers have to always be vigilant don't ya'?
    Glad it was not worse!!!
    Shug
    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!



    Shug's YouTube Videos

    Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

    Shug and Friends Jammin'

  6. #26
    Senior Member tiredhiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chelsea,Maine
    Hammock
    warbonnet blackbird
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    3 season yeti
    Suspension
    straps/whoopie sli
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushman of yukon View Post
    I was wondering what I could use to patch the holes in the screen other than sewing a patch or screen patch. There has to be another method. The tyarp is history. I never liked the HH tarp anyway. Rain coverage is horrible. I still prefer my Superfly I will still hang of course No problemo! Just gotta' pick your spots! This area is for trailers and truck campers
    Hey bushman,
    That tear aid patch works awesom I had a big hole in my bb and a form member sent me some so I put a piece on both sides so to sandwich the hole and it worked great. Im still using the bb hammock.
    hope it all works out for you,and man that was a close one.... imagine if you were sleeping in there

  7. #27
    Shewie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Yorkshire, UK
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1SL/UKHamm
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4S/CamoSF
    Insulation
    UKHamm/HG/Unspon
    Suspension
    WhoopieDutchness
    Posts
    1,678
    Wow, glad you're okay Bushman

    Stay safe out there

  8. #28
    Member Bushman of yukon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Yukon Territory
    Hammock
    HH Expeditions & grand trunk Ultra
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    SS & Pea Pods
    Suspension
    AHE Webbing,chain
    Posts
    70
    Images
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by tiredhiker View Post
    Hey bushman,
    That tear aid patch works awesom I had a big hole in my bb and a form member sent me some so I put a piece on both sides so to sandwich the hole and it worked great. Im still using the bb hammock.
    hope it all works out for you,and man that was a close one.... imagine if you were sleeping in there
    That's great to know tiredhiker Thanks man!

  9. #29
    Member Bushman of yukon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Yukon Territory
    Hammock
    HH Expeditions & grand trunk Ultra
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    SS & Pea Pods
    Suspension
    AHE Webbing,chain
    Posts
    70
    Images
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by wardex66 View Post
    A promising solution in Canada could be the Chiappa Mare's Leg in .44 magnum. http://chiappafirearms.com/product/824. About 4.3 pounds and an Overall length of 23 inches. Holds 6+1 .44 magnum cartridges. The first shipment to Canada just arrived and these are classified in Canada as "Unrestricted". I think there was a year waiting list for these once announced. The funny thing is in Canada these are classified as rifles for the unrestricted status and in the US they are classified as pistols so they do not have the $200 short rifle tax added to the cost. At any rate if you work or play in a high density Grizzly area it *might* be a light weight handy solution to have with you.
    Maybe not a bad idea I was considering this http://www.grouseriver.com/Mossberg_...gun-000059.htm

  10. #30
    Member Bushman of yukon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Yukon Territory
    Hammock
    HH Expeditions & grand trunk Ultra
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    SS & Pea Pods
    Suspension
    AHE Webbing,chain
    Posts
    70
    Images
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    I hope they were just sample bites!
    Yessir....the outdoors is thrilling. You Grizz country fellers have to always be vigilant don't ya'?
    Glad it was not worse!!!
    Shug
    Quote Originally Posted by Shewie View Post
    Wow, glad you're okay Bushman

    Stay safe out there
    Thanks guys It's live by the Grizz...die by the Grizz I guess

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •