Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: It's HERE!!!!

  1. #1
    Senior Member CrackMunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ballston Spa NY
    Hammock
    HH Expedition zip, WBBB 1.7
    Tarp
    stock, diy tarp
    Suspension
    stock
    Posts
    149
    Images
    5

    It's HERE!!!!

    Ok so I got a hammock for my Hubby, and to make a long story short nether of us liked it.
    Here's the long story.
    I have a HH and he said "I like yours but its to small" I think I know of the perfect hammock for you! the WB Blackbird Double Layer 1.7oz (olive green w/webbing) I billed it "the Cadillac of hammocks" ,ordered it a week and half ago and it showed up today!!!! I think I'm more excited then he is.
    Well he threw the box on the bed and said here. I jumped up ripping open the box while running down the stairs to the backyard. Yelling "its here! Come on I'll show you how to set it up!!"
    The screen door slammed behind me as he said " I have stuff to do first." "But I want to show you this" I said, he replied " I'll be right back" as he was pulling out of the drive.
    So I waited.........a whole 2 min! I had it set up and in love in about 3 min !!!!!
    he came home about 15 min later and I yelled "come here come here,COME HERE!!!!" almost jumping up and down like a little kid! I got back a "wait a min! "
    That man is killing me now!!!!! well he finely came out and I proceeded to ramble off how to set it up(easy w/ the webbing and binners) and the tie outs. then I had to take a breath and repeat everything cus he said I sounded like a chipmunk on crack!!
    he layed down and a short Q&A he's oooohhhhh ooooowwww WOW! I like!!!! It's so Big and roomy! I was so happy for him. now I secretly hope he maybe a ground lover so I can have it!!!
    formally known as "carolb"
    Spread the love baby, Spread the Love!
    Get the Ketchup!

  2. #2
    Senior Member KerMegan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Hammock
    not quite eno..
    Tarp
    10x12 DIY
    Insulation
    insultex+momentum
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Posts
    2,479
    Images
    2
    or you can buy yourself one, so as not to be tempted into 'accidently' taking his on a hike..
    KM(who is laughing as I read your story to my own DH- who patiently listens to all my HF read-alouds)

  3. #3
    Senior Member CrackMunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ballston Spa NY
    Hammock
    HH Expedition zip, WBBB 1.7
    Tarp
    stock, diy tarp
    Suspension
    stock
    Posts
    149
    Images
    5
    I already thought of that! LOL he can't hike anymore so.........
    formally known as "carolb"
    Spread the love baby, Spread the Love!
    Get the Ketchup!

  4. #4
    Senior Member Bomber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In my hammock! On the trail!
    Hammock
    Hanging...
    Tarp
    Up...
    Insulation
    Down...
    Suspension
    Tight at 30'
    Posts
    1,355
    Images
    8
    Brilliant story! made me chuckle this morning, thanks for that
    You are so cool - buying him a "Cadillac"

    Wish my missus was so enthusiastic about gear, i can't even get her to buy a cd from my wish list.... - so cottage gear is out of the question(but as long as she puts up with all my gear rambling and want to go hiking/camping - she' a keeper in my book)
    /Bomber.LTD
    Member of the infamous "Hyperborean Hang Gang"
    ]
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    -Thomas Edison
    "If there is anything bigger than my ego in here, i want it dragged outside and shot"!!!
    -Zap Brannigan

    To much time on your hands? Waste some time here

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cornelia Ga
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Burrow & Poenix
    Suspension
    Web Strap
    Posts
    117
    'Chipmunk on crack', love it!!!

    I hope you guys enjoy the hammock and he lets you get some hang time in it...

    JimT

  6. #6
    dragon360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Posts
    6,295
    Images
    1
    That is one thoughtful gift!
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

    Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

  7. #7
    Senior Member sweetbabyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Upper Black Eddy, PA
    Hammock
    warbonnet BB 1.1 single layer
    Tarp
    Zpacks cuben fiber
    Insulation
    cottage down
    Suspension
    whoopie, Flyz, CRL
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by carolb View Post
    Ok so I got a hammock for my Hubby, and to make a long story short nether of us liked it.
    Here's the long story.
    I have a HH and he said "I like yours but its to small" I think I know of the perfect hammock for you! the WB Blackbird Double Layer 1.7oz (olive green w/webbing) I billed it "the Cadillac of hammocks" ,ordered it a week and half ago and it showed up today!!!! I think I'm more excited then he is.
    Well he threw the box on the bed and said here. I jumped up ripping open the box while running down the stairs to the backyard. Yelling "its here! Come on I'll show you how to set it up!!"
    The screen door slammed behind me as he said " I have stuff to do first." "But I want to show you this" I said, he replied " I'll be right back" as he was pulling out of the drive.
    So I waited.........a whole 2 min! I had it set up and in love in about 3 min !!!!!
    he came home about 15 min later and I yelled "come here come here,COME HERE!!!!" almost jumping up and down like a little kid! I got back a "wait a min! "
    That man is killing me now!!!!! well he finely came out and I proceeded to ramble off how to set it up(easy w/ the webbing and binners) and the tie outs. then I had to take a breath and repeat everything cus he said I sounded like a chipmunk on crack!!
    he layed down and a short Q&A he's oooohhhhh ooooowwww WOW! I like!!!! It's so Big and roomy! I was so happy for him. now I secretly hope he maybe a ground lover so I can have it!!!
    i share your joy! chipmunk on crack - good gear will do that to you! thanks for the positive vibes of your post

    Quote Originally Posted by KerMegan View Post
    or you can buy yourself one, so as not to be tempted into 'accidently' taking his on a hike..
    KM(who is laughing as I read your story to my own DH- who patiently listens to all my HF read-alouds)
    KM - same thing at my house - my hubby has to hear me read daily HF posts and watch videos with me i think he is listening, but in reality is probably hearing a Phillies game in his head!
    who learns will love and not destroy
    the creature's life, the flower's joy

  8. #8
    Rain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Hammock
    Modified HH Ultralite
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Posts
    2,102
    Images
    7

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by bchboy1206 View Post
    'Chipmunk on crack', love it!!!
    You beat me to it! Never heard that line, but am definitely gonna have to use it some time.

    Rain Man

    .
    "You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." --Harriet Woods
    .

  9. #9
    Senior Member CrackMunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ballston Spa NY
    Hammock
    HH Expedition zip, WBBB 1.7
    Tarp
    stock, diy tarp
    Suspension
    stock
    Posts
    149
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    You beat me to it! Never heard that line, but am definitely gonna have to use it some time.

    Rain Man

    .
    your more the welcome. I'm starting to think I should use that as a trail name cus he says I sound like that alot!
    formally known as "carolb"
    Spread the love baby, Spread the Love!
    Get the Ketchup!

  10. #10
    Wow, I wish my wife was as enthusiastic. I can't even get her out in the woods overnight, because there's "no toilet!"

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •