DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by finskie View Post
    Have had no problems with mine thus far. I seam sealed the ridgeline, and it held up well in a monsoon on the loyalsock trail. I pitched it tight, and have seen no evidence of problems. I know what you are seeing though with regards to the stitches on cuben. I have seen example of the holes the stitches went through widening with tension over time. However, the seam on the zpacks ridgeline is a different type of sewing(as mentioned), and I think it takes care of that problem. Time will tell.
    Cool thanks man ... yeah it seems a few ppl told me his RL hold up nice..
    i guess i will find out this week when mine gets here LOL
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    I have a z-packs winter and love it. I have had no problems with the tarp or its quality. The stitching is st as a razor edge. I did seam seal mine and have had no problems with the seam thus far. I have seen both a bonded and have my sewn z-packs and went with z-packs because the price was right, Joe was more then willing to work with me on a custom design, and he was the main vendor of cuben at the time of my purchase. Now their are other cottage vendors who also sell cuben so you have more of an option, like Hammock Gear and OES. As for preference dont have one cause I only know z-packs but I can say I have had no problems with my z-packs tarp and would certainly buy from Joe again.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    thanks LRR i will have my Zpack tarp this week i scored one off another member that was never even used ... so i don't have to wait
    i been buying stuff acks and odds and ends... even DIY stuff off joe for over a year and i really like his work and he is great to deal with ...
    and the price was right on his tarp it's the cheapest Cuben tarp out there at $235 .... so that was another reason i wanted a Zpack
    i think i will be very happy with it like i am with all the products i got from him
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    I have been using mine for two seasons and it is holding up great. I cannot imagine going back to syl or nylon
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Sil,
    Insulation
    3s Yeti
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    I have not had an issue with either of my tarps from Z-packs as far as seams tearing or wearing. The tarp with doors has seen about 15 nights (Including Hurricane Irene) and the Hex has seen about 8 nights (including an all night rain at the spring Dolly Sods hang).
    The only issue I have had is on the one with doors. on the top, where Joe puts a mitten hook to use to clip the doors back, I had to seal that seam 3 times. I suspect that using it to clip the doors back might make it hard to keep it from leaking. Since I prefer to just clip the doors to each other on the inside, I don't use the mitten hook and have not had any leaks this year.
    You could order one without that feature; that would take care of that. I did not think of it or I would have done that. Joe is now taping the seams on his tarps as well as sewing them, so seam sealing might not be an issue.
    Joe does guarantee his work for 1 full year an he will customize the tarp for you.
    I have no experience with bonded seams, so I can't contribute to information about those.
    Last edited by Country Roads; 12-14-2012 at 20:04. Reason: Include more info

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    i have had no problems with mine and i have not seam sealed it yet.
    still didn't seal it and about 50 more nights on it
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Hammock
    WWM with Dynaglide whoopies
    Tarp
    8.5x10 Zpack
    Insulation
    down
    Suspension
    DreamHmck slng/tog

sewn, taped, or bonded

I have yet to hear of anyone having a problem with Zpack's sewn seams, but he is taping on them now.

Anyone could order some Zpack tape and install it on a sewn seam, either after cleaning off some of the seam sealer, or on the underside, away from the seam sealer.

Hammock
    hh,warbonnet
    Tarp
    mac cat,diy
    Insulation
    JRB,ix underquilt
    Suspension
    whoopie,dutch clip

tarp

i have a custom zpack.what a fine product.mac cat and z have raised the bar in hammock tarps.
    my custom is 11' ridge line with 11.5 feet on each side. i have seen apartments that are smaller.two tie outs on each side.
    me and my tarp went through afew good hard blows and it took the beatin and held its ground.
    my ridge line is solid due to the fact that it is threee pieces wide.so the middle piece is the ridge line.i hammock for the comfort.z tarps fill that just fine.
    thunder storms are so cool through cuben

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12