Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11
    Senior Member wyleone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Hammock
    ENO 1xSN & 3xDN
    Tarp
    Dryfly, Noah's 9
    Insulation
    2x AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    ALL in one WS.
    Posts
    264
    Images
    1
    Welcome aboard from Mobile.

    Four of us hanged along the Blackwater river in FL this weekend. No insulation needed. I slept well when everyone else sweated it out in tents.

  2. #12
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    It's hot
    Hammock
    ENO doublenest
    Suspension
    Whoopie slangs
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by wyleone View Post
    Welcome aboard from Mobile.

    Four of us hanged along the Blackwater river in FL this weekend. No insulation needed. I slept well when everyone else sweated it out in tents.
    That's a great trip. I've paddled that numerous times. Camping on those sandbars is great

  3. #13
    Senior Member wyleone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Hammock
    ENO 1xSN & 3xDN
    Tarp
    Dryfly, Noah's 9
    Insulation
    2x AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    ALL in one WS.
    Posts
    264
    Images
    1
    My son's troop does this trip once a year. They never get tired of it and keep asking for more. This was the first year I was in a hammock for this trip. It definitely the way to go when it is hot!

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    155
    Images
    1
    Glad you're a part of the family. A big "Hey, y'all" from Maylene, AL. "How's Mama 'n them?"

  5. #15
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    It's hot
    Hammock
    ENO doublenest
    Suspension
    Whoopie slangs
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by wyleone View Post
    My son's troop does this trip once a year. They never get tired of it and keep asking for more. This was the first year I was in a hammock for this trip. It definitely the way to go when it is hot!
    That's actually how I did it. I'm out of scouts now, but when I was younger, I was in troop 28 out of Birmingham. We did it once a year.

  6. #16
    Senior Member wyleone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Hammock
    ENO 1xSN & 3xDN
    Tarp
    Dryfly, Noah's 9
    Insulation
    2x AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    ALL in one WS.
    Posts
    264
    Images
    1
    You may be out now....hehe.

    We have a scouter that is part of our committee. He has three boys. The youngest just graduated boot camp. He was a part of scouts for so long, that after a few years, he decided he was there as much for him as his sons and came back. He is as happy as he could be. He has been eyeballing my hammock so I'm guessing he won't be long before he has one.

  7. #17
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    It's hot
    Hammock
    ENO doublenest
    Suspension
    Whoopie slangs
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by wyleone View Post
    You may be out now....hehe.

    We have a scouter that is part of our committee. He has three boys. The youngest just graduated boot camp. He was a part of scouts for so long, that after a few years, he decided he was there as much for him as his sons and came back. He is as happy as he could be. He has been eyeballing my hammock so I'm guessing he won't be long before he has one.
    Yea scouting actually introduced me to hammocks. I was the first kid out of our troop to camp in a hammock and eventually ditched the tent and moved to a hammock full time.

    I know exactly what you mean about being out. I got my eagle 3 years ago. My youngest brother, who is significantly younger than me, is about to get into boy scouts and my dad is excited about becoming involved again.

  8. #18
    Member aztech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    California
    Hammock
    wbbb dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Posts
    94
    welcome norman, hablas espanol?

  9. #19
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    It's hot
    Hammock
    ENO doublenest
    Suspension
    Whoopie slangs
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by aztech View Post
    welcome norman, hablas espanol?
    non, je suis très désole, mais je préfère parler en français.

  10. #20
    Member aztech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    California
    Hammock
    wbbb dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Posts
    94
    is "hi" in french also "hola"?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •