Hammock
    DW netless/JS Full net
    Tarp
    Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 40
    Suspension
    Dutch buckle/strap
    I think these threads are looked at the wrong way. In my opinion this guy came in the locker room to complain to his buddies that his new "toy" wasn't coming to him as quickly as he wanted (or told it would). I don't think he is slandering the company (or not intending to at any rate) and is blowing off steam.

I think we defend the brands we like and have good experience with.

My suggestion would be to just leave them alone. If this particular thread had only one post in it, it would be long gone and forgotten by now.

My thoughts.
    Look up before you hook up!!
    Originally Posted by body942
    Me big. Me like hammockgear burrow. Long. Problems no. People good.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TFC Rick View Post
    I think these threads are looked at the wrong way. In my opinion this guy came in the locker room to complain to his buddies that his new "toy" wasn't coming to him as quickly as he wanted (or told it would). I don't think he is slandering the company (or not intending to at any rate) and is blowing off steam.

I think we defend the brands we like and have good experience with.

My suggestion would be to just leave them alone. If this particular thread had only one post in it, it would be long gone and forgotten by now.

My thoughts.
    I do sympathize with the toy not coming when expected. I once waited 6-10 weeks for a toy submarine that used baking soda tablets to sink and rise in the bathtub. Worst wait of my life. I'm permanently scarred now.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    DW netless/JS Full net
    Tarp
    Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 40
    Suspension
    Dutch buckle/strap
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrick View Post
    I do sympathize with the toy not coming when expected. I once waited 6-10 weeks for a toy submarine that used baking soda tablets to sink and rise in the bathtub. Worst wait of my life. I'm permanently scarred now.
    Like the week before christmas!
    Look up before you hook up!!
    Originally Posted by body942
    Me big. Me like hammockgear burrow. Long. Problems no. People good.

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Not to mention the time it took to collect the box tops and save the allowance before the 6 - 10 weeks.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

One late shipment does make or break a company. On the contrary, this particular vendor has a stellar track record. I don't see this issue worth worrying about unless a pattern of shipping delays were to emerge.
    I'm sorry but this isn't the 1st time we have heard of their bad customer service. From not answering emails to phone calls to shipping.

It is what it is and hopefully they will take it to heart and do something about it...just sayin
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    Lite Owl; Light Hiker
    Tarp
    Toxaway;MacCat Dlx
    Insulation
    Burrow; Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblinrev View Post
    Not to mention the time it took to collect the box tops and save the allowance before the 6 - 10 weeks.
    They've solved this problem now. A lot of times you can just buy the item outright. I miss opening the box and expertly extracting the toy. They don't put much of the stuff in the boxes anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    I'm sorry but this isn't the 1st time we have heard of their bad customer service. From not answering emails to phone calls to shipping.

It is what it is and hopefully they will take it to heart and do something about it...just sayin
    I think one issue people don't think about or realize is that many of these cottage folk are 1- or 2-man operations. I can imagine it doesn't take too much of "life" to throw things off. Imagine you're one person and you get hit with a rush of orders. Sure, you might have some inventory so the first people get a great turnaround. Then you run out and you're scrambling to make the gear for the remaining orders. Perhaps you have a day job. Maybe a small child. Your SO gets ill. Any number of things can happen to derail the best laid plans. I doubt anyone is purposely setting out to deceive their customers.
    JaxHiker aka Kudzu - WFA
    Florida Trail Association: NE FL Trail Coordinator (Gold Head to Stephen Foster)
    Trail Issues? Please let me know.
    Blazing Trails with Kudzu @ www.idratherbehiking.com
    Follow me @idratherbhiking

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post

Could be that it might offer such an opportunity.

- Mark Twain
    - John Burroughs

Quote Originally Posted by JaxHiker View Post
    I think one issue people don't think about or realize is that many of these cottage folk are 1- or 2-man operations. I can imagine it doesn't take too much of "life" to throw things off. Imagine you're one person and you get hit with a rush of orders. Sure, you might have some inventory so the first people get a great turnaround. Then you run out and you're scrambling to make the gear for the remaining orders. Perhaps you have a day job. Maybe a small child. Your SO gets ill. Any number of things can happen to derail the best laid plans. I doubt anyone is purposely setting out to deceive their customers.

I think 99.9% of the people on here know that the cottage folks are very small operations and have normal lives to live.

I have dealt with a quite a few cottage companies and they have let me know when things come up that disrupts their schedule. (kids being sick, vacations, work load,etc).

Communication is key and when a cottage company doesn't get back to you after emails and phone calls it will come out.

I haven't used any of the TTTG but folks on here have spoken highly on their product which is a good thing. Just sounds like their customer service needs work...IMO
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    UL BMBH
    Tarp
    CloudBurst
    Insulation
    Phoenix & Stealth
    Suspension
    Whoopies & DutchTi
    Meeting Dale - he was a friendly guy, so I'm sure if there's been a delay it's for a reason.

That being said - it's completely fair to say "I was told X by one of our cottage vendors and it didn't happen," on the forums. Reputation and quality products are what make people go cottage, so posts like these help to maintain balance. If failing to hold up to your word damages your reputation, something fair actually occured in the world. If it was a misunderstanding or some sort of private crisis, I'm sure Dale will clear it up, do his best to make right by the customer, and in doing so he's given an opportunity to show potential customers that they can still feel confident in choosing him.
    Support: HammockGear - Zpacks - Jacks R Better - DreamHammock - Dutchware - AHE - Black Rock - Grand Trunk

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by R00K View Post
    it's completely fair to say "I was told X by one of our cottage vendors and it didn't happen," on the forums. Reputation and quality products are what make people go cottage, so posts like these help to maintain balance. If failing to hold up to your word damages your reputation, something fair actually occured in the world. If it was a misunderstanding or some sort of private crisis, I'm sure Dale will clear it up, do his best to make right by the customer, and in doing so he's given an opportunity to show potential customers that they can still feel confident in choosing him.
    I agree with holding the cottage industries responsible for good customer service, as long as we are not holding them to a higher standard than that of their bigger competitors due to the access we have to them.

- Mark Twain
    - John Burroughs

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast