Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 59 of 59
  1. #51
    GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Hammock
    DIY Bridge, v0.n, where n is large
    Tarp
    depends on season
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Posts
    4,628
    Images
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by Wags View Post
    i'm surprised you didn't curse. well played just groaning...
    listen very carefully Wags. Nixon had 18.5 minutes missing on his tape, Fronkey has a gap just big enough to work in a 4 letter word or two.
    Ol' Fronkey is just human after all.
    Grizz
    (alias ProfessorHammock on youtube)

  2. #52
    richtorfla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Clearwater,Florida
    Hammock
    Warbonnet BB, HH Explorer deluxe
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway:HH hex
    Insulation
    sleeping bag,KAQ
    Suspension
    strap/buckles
    Posts
    1,336
    Images
    1
    All I can say is your a trooper to keep the tape running after the attack! Now when you go out is your wife er... girlfriend going to say "Please stay away from the stray trees!" Lovin' it man!

  3. #53
    Wander'nFool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Wisconsin
    Hammock
    WL Lite Owl & WB XLC
    Tarp
    OESMCD W/PMOD
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ, JRB HR TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    208
    Speedy recovery to you Fronkey!

    Hard to tell in the video... did you touch, graze, slap or breath on the birch and then it released it's fury on you? Or was it an unprovoked attack?
    "It's a wanderful life."

  4. #54
    Fronkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grass Valley, Ca
    Hammock
    DIY "The Crippler"
    Tarp
    "Cuben Refugee"
    Insulation
    DIY "The Ex-gf"
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    5,091
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    listen very carefully Wags. Nixon had 18.5 minutes missing on his tape, Fronkey has a gap just big enough to work in a 4 letter word or two.
    Ol' Fronkey is just human after all.
    I have no idea what you are talking about.... it was one four letter word.

    Quote Originally Posted by richtorfla View Post
    All I can say is your a trooper to keep the tape running after the attack! Now when you go out is your wife er... girlfriend going to say "Please stay away from the stray trees!" Lovin' it man!
    Thanks man.
    I was so concerned with my camera breaking because I just bought it a week before. My girlfriend will continue to give me the same warning she always does, "Don't be an idiot." I always seem to not listen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wander'nFool View Post
    Speedy recovery to you Fronkey!

    Hard to tell in the video... did you touch, graze, slap or breath on the birch and then it released it's fury on you? Or was it an unprovoked attack?
    Thanks a lot! I don't think I touched it at all. I had heard some trees falling earlier in the day because of the high winds out there. But, I kind of sat on the tree while stepping over and I was thinking maybe while doing that, the fallen tree bumped the other one and with the high winds it made it fall. I checked out the tree after I got up and it was in fact dead. While editing part 1 I realized I was talking a lot of smack about trees in general. I think I may have pissed them off. Thanks again dude!

    Fronkey

  5. #55
    Callahan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, dbl 1.0 BB, Bias WW
    Tarp
    HG Custom 4S
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG, MB
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Posts
    1,060
    Great stuff man! Good you were able to power thru after being attacked by that birch, good that didn't go worse...just remember if it's got saplings, just tuck and roll with it till its done working you over...if its by itself, take out your gransfors and fight back!

    Cheers
    Last edited by Callahan; 08-24-2011 at 22:37. Reason: overtired...make no sense

  6. #56
    Jsaults's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    St.Albans WV
    Hammock
    HH, CJH NX-250, WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Std, Hex, or WBSF
    Insulation
    Burrows&Incubators
    Suspension
    Poly web w/AHE buc
    Posts
    1,509

    "I guess she didn't like the cornbread either."

    Excellent Aliens reference and excellent video!

    Jim

  7. #57
    Fronkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grass Valley, Ca
    Hammock
    DIY "The Crippler"
    Tarp
    "Cuben Refugee"
    Insulation
    DIY "The Ex-gf"
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    5,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Great stuff man! Good you were able to power thru after being attacked by that birch, good that didn't go worse...just remember if it's got saplings, just tuck and roll with it till its done working you over...if its by itself, take out your gransfors and fight back!

    Cheers
    I am going back up to the trail in 3 weeks and I will have my revenge! I'll be filming my barky vengeance as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jsaults View Post
    Excellent Aliens reference and excellent video!

    Jim
    Thanks Jim!

    Fronkey

  8. #58
    Senior Member plaunius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    flowood, ms
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL/Speer/Clark
    Tarp
    SpeerWT/HG Custom
    Insulation
    HGear UQ &TQs
    Suspension
    Whoopies/SShackles
    Posts
    414
    Great videos! I really enjoyed them. I love that as soon as you get your wits, you tell your girlfriend, you still going hiking. I totally relate to that moment. If I ever get hurt on a solo hike, I may as well put all my gear up for sale.

  9. #59
    Fronkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grass Valley, Ca
    Hammock
    DIY "The Crippler"
    Tarp
    "Cuben Refugee"
    Insulation
    DIY "The Ex-gf"
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    5,091
    Quote Originally Posted by plaunius View Post
    Great videos! I really enjoyed them. I love that as soon as you get your wits, you tell your girlfriend, you still going hiking. I totally relate to that moment. If I ever get hurt on a solo hike, I may as well put all my gear up for sale.

    Thanks a lot! One of the first things that went through my head was how I was going to explain it to the gf and still be able to go hiking. She is the boss after all. Thanks again!

    Fronkey

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •