Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Edge/superfly
    Insulation
    Adict
    I would have bought a HH that the local distributor only had HH's that wouldn't handle my weight so looking online/here I liked the shelf and footbox in the WBBB.

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    There is alot of folks on here from
    H.O.G.

Hennessy Owners Group......."there
    ya go"
    im still waiting on my H.O.G. t shirt haha
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Images
    I think they are both just fine ( I have only used the longer HH models for comparison) and each has it's pros and cons.

I have less left calf pressure when laying on the diagonal in the HH UL Explorer, DJ XL and definitely the Safari models. And I can use my Super Shelter with the first 2, of which I am still a pretty big fan after 5 years. ( I wish there was a SS for the Safari! But a JRB MW or Warbonnet Yeti work fine on it)

Other than that, I prefer the WB BB. I can lay better on my side with legs straight in the WB than in the Explorer, but no better in fetal. I love the "shelf" on the WB, and the zippers work great, and I have more space with the net than the UL Explorer. But maybe not any better than the DJ XL. And my HH Safari beats all of them in all areas ( except weight) by at least a very small margin.

So, I can be happy in any of them. But WB is American made by an HF member, if that matters to you( as are JRB Bridges). If it wasn't for the calf pressure thing, I would put the WB as my 1st choice among non-bridge hammocks. As it is, choose your poison or preferences. I find one more comfy in some ways, one in other ways. Except the Safari which is most comfy in all ways. ( possible exception a bridge hammock) But the WB has the unique "shelf". I'll take any of them. But only the HHs allow use of the HH SS, which some folks really like and some folks hate!

Hammock
    Eno DL, Deep Jungle XL, Kammock Roo
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    i have a WBBB and while ive no real info on either or, im happy with it and wouldnt trade it unless there was something very special with another one.

but, like it was said, come to my Mid State hang and see a variety.

here ya go, start around post 48 and work your way to the end. youll see pics and
    Give a man fire and he's warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Dante

Hammock
    Dutchware 11ft
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    Here you go. One of the members (Raul Perez) has done a really good video comparison. Watch and decide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg4dumdEHAU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a743t...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=113yj...eature=related

Images
    "Detailed Review and Dislikes of Hennessey Hammock" quote below video. a little bias, ya think LOL
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    "Detailed Review and Dislikes of Hennessey Hammock" quote below video. a little bias, ya think LOL
    haha thats what I was thinking. I still say he just come to SC hang with us and try em all out. its about a month away
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    Dutchware 11ft
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    Quote Originally Posted by NewtonGT View Post
    haha thats what I was thinking. I still say he just come to SC hang with us and try em all out. its about a month away
    Lol, that's only on the second video. I think he does a decent job of showing off all of the features so the viewer can make a conclusion. I guess he just came to the conclusion that he prefers the WBBB.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by weaver2469 View Post
    Lol, that's only on the second video. I think he does a decent job of showing off all of the features so the viewer can make a conclusion. I guess he just came to the conclusion that he prefers the WBBB.
    he did a good job. it just made me laugh.
    but as said 2 posts up, hangs are a great place to go. at the MAHHA i will have an extra full HH setup with quilts. you will learn more on the trail or at a hang then anywhere else.
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by weaver2469 View Post
    yea they are actually pretty good videos, and this battle has gone on forever haha, thats why I just skipped everything and told him to come to hang with us. thats the true way to do it. but I was just joking with ya man

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast