Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21
    Hooch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Goldsboro, NC
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    WhoopieSling/Strap
    Posts
    4,380
    Images
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    just get him lickored up. Well, not you Slowhike, wouldn't do you being moderator, dry, and all. Some HF degenerate. I'm thinking Hooch. When we were hanging at RRG he was talking on his cell phone with some woman from work about going out for beers, at 3 a.m.!!!

    Truth. Mule, HC4U and Cerberus a.k.a Nest will verify.

    Grizz
    All changed. I quit drinking.

  2. #22
    slowhike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    DIY w/ pull-outs
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing & rings
    Posts
    10,595
    Images
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    All changed. I quit drinking.
    good man hooch. maybe we can get cannibal to do an impression w/o the booze<G>.
    don`t leave the CREATOR out of the creation!

  3. #23
    you might have to change your name if that's the case. "hooch" may not be appropriate for a non-drinker.

  4. #24
    Hooch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Goldsboro, NC
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Burrow &amp; Crowsnest
    Suspension
    WhoopieSling/Strap
    Posts
    4,380
    Images
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    you might have to change your name if that's the case. "hooch" may not be appropriate for a non-drinker.
    Someone else suggested the same to me as well. But, the Hooch I got my trail name from was the dog from the Tom Hanks classic Turner and Hooch, not the rather potent-to-semi-deadly combination of liquor and fruit juice. For anyone who's hiked with me, you'll understand this: my hiking partner has suggested changing my trail name to "Blackblast". Not so sure I like that one.
    Last edited by Hooch; 04-16-2008 at 05:57.

  5. #25
    GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Hammock
    DIY Bridge, v0.n, where n is large
    Tarp
    depends on season
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Posts
    4,628
    Images
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    Someone else suggested the same to me as well. But, the Hooch I got my trail name from was the dog from the Tom Hanks classic Turner and Hooch, not the rather potent-to-semi-deadly combination of liquor and fruit juice. For anyone who's hiked with me, you'll understand this: my hiking partner has suggested changing my trail name to "Blackblast". Not so sure I like that one.
    At RRG you also earned the more innocuous trail name "Backflip"

    Grizz

  6. #26
    Hooch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Goldsboro, NC
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Burrow &amp; Crowsnest
    Suspension
    WhoopieSling/Strap
    Posts
    4,380
    Images
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    At RRG you also earned the more innocuous trail name "Backflip"

    Grizz
    You're not funny. Ok, well maybe just a little. In all fairness, the flip wasn't complete.

  7. #27
    GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Hammock
    DIY Bridge, v0.n, where n is large
    Tarp
    depends on season
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Posts
    4,628
    Images
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    You're not funny. Ok, well maybe just a little. In all fairness, the flip wasn't complete.
    I was thinking of "Butt Sticking in Air", but figured there was absolutely no good spin you could put on that

    Of course, at the same hang you might say I earned the name "Aerodynamic as a Rock", because when I was first rigging up my hammock the support line snapped.

    What a hang. A splendid time was had by all.

    Backflip, without context, suggests a certain native agility. Beats Black Back Blast. Or Aerodyanmic as a Rock.

    Grizz

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •