Well we had some good and nasty weather last night so I went ahead and strung 'er up outside in our firehut.
Shug-&-UQ.jpg
Skipped the tarp as it was a wet snow/sleet/rain falling from above. Heavy stuff and thunder and lightning!!
snow-last-nite.jpg

Crawled in at around midnight, temp was 33º. Western Mountaineering 20º bag, short ridgerest for legs and feet. I wore smartwool top, Golite Wisp wind shirt, polypro longjohns, 2 pair smartwool socks, balaclava & beanie possumdown.
This was the FIRST time that I ever slept in a hammock with no pad or SPE under my torso. And I was warm!!!! That surprised me. Although that was about as low as I would go temp-wise with this UQ alone. Any colder I would add a full pad. It took my butt the longest to warm but it surely did. Need to add a piece of omni tape to my right shoulder side to attach to my hammock side to keep the UQ up. Just on the side where my head is. If I sat up or moved too much it tended to slide too far to the other side. Not to bad but want it stable. JRB suspension system works primo!
Went down to 31º and I stayed warm and comfy so I am pleased. I did make this for the shoulder seasons and to lighten up my burden and it is gonna do the job.
As to UQ's my thoughts are:
*Harsh winter I will use my full UQ along with pad and SPE.
*Mild 3 season I will use 1/2 UQ with foot pad.
*Summer and mild weather I will go with a pad/SPE combo only.
Really happy to be hanging and waking up rested from comfort!
Shug