Hello, You can call me snarlbuckle.

I was originally a ground dweller, though I have never been fond of tents. I'm the guy on the trail that prepares for everything. Until recently, my sleep/shelter system consisted of a tarp, MSS bivy, and a foam pad. I was weatherproof and very comfortable, but my friends still insisted on using tents.

I hated to hear them complain about cold nights, rocky ground, bugs, and all of the other usual complaints regarding tents. In an effort to find my girlfriend a shelter/sleeping system that better suits her needs, I urged her to try a hammock. After a little thought, I realized that I could take my ground system and elevate it a bit for some added comfort without costing much in the way of weight. We already had a trip planned to Eagle Rock Loop, so in a snap decision we picked up a couple cheap hammocks and tested them out. We set them up around noon in the park on a hot Texas day, and to our surprise we were able to beat the heat in comfort. I was more comfortable in that hammock than I was in the house with the A/C on! At that point, we had been converted.

The weather on our trip was great and for the most part we didn't even need tarps. What really got me sold on them though was that I could elevate my feet at night which helps a lot after a long hike up and down the mountains. My dog decided he liked hammocks too and kept crawling into mine at night. Now the whole bunch of us are avid hammock hangers.