Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SWANK-E View Post
    I am quite concerned about shipping speed since I am in Australia and about the pull the trigger. The Superfly is on backorder at the moment. Where is Brandon at at the moment?
    He is in Evergreen, CO.

When I spoke to him Friday, he said that he and his helper were going to be putting in overtime this weekend trying to get everything caught up. I was going to go visit with beer, but figured you guys would be mad at me for slowing the boy down.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    DIY bridge hammock
    Tarp
    OES/WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    I was going to go visit with beer, but figured you guys would be mad at me for slowing the boy down.
    You can never be mad at beer.
    Syb
    Enjoy the elevation

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWANK-E View Post
    I am quite concerned about shipping speed since I am in Australia and about the pull the trigger. The Superfly is on backorder at the moment. Where is Brandon at at the moment?
    Hello, Swank,

I’ve bought a lot of stuff from American and if what you ordered was sent via USPS, it takes 9 to 10 “days” to capital cities (Brisbane). If you are not home when a delivery is attempted, it will be taken to the nearest post office and there will be a card left in your mail box saying come and get it – usually after 4 p.m. Here, if it’s going to arrive that day, it will be before 12. USPS tracking may work all the way to your door, but it often stops after leaving customs in Sydney. It takes 2 to 3 days to go from Sydney to Brisbane. As a rule, if I order something on Thursday morning, my time, it will arrive the following Friday. But, if I order on Friday, I won’t get it till Monday or even Tuesday. nothing happens on the weekend, then they play catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by bamabert View Post
    Mine is in the hands of the USPS now as well. I am giddy as a school girl. I have a backpacking trip with the my son's Boy Scout troop this weekend and hope it lands on my front porch by Friday. Colorado and Alabama never seemed so far apart as it does now.
    Hi there Bamabert,

I was thinking, if you are going on a trip this weekend and you get your tarp on Friday, you won’t have much time to attach all your cords. It is worth taking a good amount of time to properly set up your new tarp (assuming that’s what you are getting).

So... if you haven’t already done so, start gathering all the stuff together now in order to make things quicker and easier on the day. Scissors, lighter, a fair bit of cord for ridgeline, pullouts, guylines, doors. I used shock cord for the doors. A tape measure comes in handy too. Snakeskins, if you intend to use them. If you do, the little black triangles have to be cut off the ridgeline before you can successfully attach the snakeskins. I replaced them with small JRB carabiners.

What I’m getting at is, you can’t just get it and set it up, out of the box. I did about two or three trips to the shops to get more or different cord. Good cord is hard to find.
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Quote Originally Posted by Bruciehi5 View Post

I was thinking, if you are going on a trip this weekend and you get your tarp on Friday, you won’t have much time to attach all your cords. It is worth taking a good amount of time to properly set up your new tarp (assuming that’s what you are getting).

So... if you haven’t already done so, start gathering all the stuff together now in order to make things quicker and easier on the day. Scissors, lighter, a fair bit of cord for ridgeline, pullouts, guylines, doors. I used shock cord for the doors. A tape measure comes in handy too. Snakeskins, if you intend to use them. If you do, the little black triangles have to be cut off the ridgeline before you can successfully attach the snakeskins. I replaced them with small JRB carabiners.

What I’m getting at is, you can’t just get it and set it up, out of the box. I did about two or three trips to the shops to get more or different cord. Good cord is hard to find.

Cheers for that.
    I had a suspicion ridgeline and pull-out cords weren't included but that isn't specified anywhere.

What about WBBB? Can that be used out of the box?

I'll wait until I see for myself, but it's a pricy bit of kit not to include items that are essential.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Blubber
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruciehi5 View Post
    Hello, Swank,

I’ve bought a lot of stuff from American and if what you ordered was sent via USPS, it takes 9 to 10 “days” to capital cities (Brisbane). If you are not home when a delivery is attempted, it will be taken to the nearest post office and there will be a card left in your mail box saying come and get it – usually after 4 p.m. Here, if it’s going to arrive that day, it will be before 12. USPS tracking may work all the way to your door, but it often stops after leaving customs in Sydney. It takes 2 to 3 days to go from Sydney to Brisbane. As a rule, if I order something on Thursday morning, my time, it will arrive the following Friday. But, if I order on Friday, I won’t get it till Monday or even Tuesday. nothing happens on the weekend, then they play catch up.

Hi there Bamabert,

Brucie,

Thanks for looking out for me. One of the benefits of waiting two and a half months is that I had plenty of time to peruse HF and prepare.

I already have my zing-it cut and spliced into tarp lines and soft shackles. Shockcord is also ready to go for self-tensioning tie outs. In addition I have an assortment of figure 9s and knot-bones ready to go. Also the weather is supposed to be beautiful and dry here this weekend so I have some room for error as it wouldn't be a disaster to have no tarp and just hang under the stars.

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balkan boy View Post
    Cheers for that.
    I had a suspicion ridgeline and pull-out cords weren't included but that isn't specified anywhere.

I'll wait until I see for myself, but it's a pricy bit of kit not to include items that are essential.
    Hi there Bamabert,

So, what I’m getting at is that you can’t just get it and set it up, out of the box. I did about two or three trips to the shops to get more or different cord. Good cord is hard to find.

Yes, the Superfly with doors attached (which is what I got) comes with the fly itself and little black plastic triangles that are used to attach cord to. The triangles are attached to the fly, so if you want to remove them, you have to cut them off. I’ve also got the Edge tarp with detachable doors. The detachable doors come with everything you will need to make them work and they are VERY well thought out. I assume that the detachable doors for the Superfly will be the same – everything included.

The WBBB is all set up ready to go, BUT you have to supply your own way to attach the strap to the tree. A good quality carabiner on each end will do the job. OR, do what I did and use Dutch Clips. They are light, easy to use, strong and compact. Oh, but they are only good if you ordered the BB “with straps.” I don’t know about the other cord set up.

Having said that, DO wait and see for yourself, I’m pretty sure what I typed is right, but they may well come with something to attach with.

WBBB Setup
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWlM0pROnpU&feature=player_embedded#!

Just be prepared to spend some time getting it all set up the way you want it. It took about 10 or 15 sleeps in the backyard before I had my WBBB dialled in so it was right for me. Now, I can set it up with very little adjusting.

Quote Originally Posted by bamabert View Post
    Brucie,

Thanks for looking out for me. One of the benefits of waiting two and a half months is that I had plenty of time to peruse HF and prepare.

I already have my zing-it cut and spliced into tarp lines and soft shackles. Shockcord is also ready to go for self-tensioning tie outs. In addition I have an assortment of figure 9s and knot-bones ready to go. Also the weather is supposed to be beautiful and dry here this weekend so I have some room for error as it wouldn't be a disaster to have no tarp and just hang under the stars.
    I’m exited for you Bamabert! Sounds like you’ve done a good bit of preparing - all ready to go! I had big plans to use self tensioning guy lines too – and I did, but removed them. The idea is there and I already had 6 of them. But, what I found was they stopped the tarp from setting up nice and tight (especially noticeable when windy). If you have a look at the below video, the ridge lines are attached to the trees on a bit of an angle. What you do is, leave the ridge line a bit loose, get the four tie outs pegged down and then crank a lot on the ridge lines. This tightens everything up and stretches the tarp, which puts tension all over. It is this set up technique that makes the tarp so good, apart from its size. If you’ve got the time and can be bothered, try both ways. The self tensioning guy lines are good for the tarp I bought them for, but I found them to be not good for the Superfly. Do some tests.

Superfly set up. (You’ve probably already seen it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWosjmGUy8U&feature=player_embedded#!

Little tip... Whatever way you end up setting up your new toys, DON”T attach the tree huggers to the tree THEN attach your tarp or hammock to the tree huggers. Sooner or later you will leave camp with the tree hugger still hugging the tree. You probably won’t give it a thought till you set up again when you discover you don’t have your tree huggers. I know, I did it.

P.S. I had to wait 35 days for my WBBB (half the time you’ve had to wait). The next time I ordered from WB, I e-mailed a list of things I wanted to buy and asked for a shipping date on all listed items. He said about a week, so I ordered and it was about a week before it was shipped. You can’t take much notice of the web site. If or when I buy from WB again, I will do the same thing. If the ship date is ok, Ill buy, if it’s not, I won’t.
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Images
    hi everybody, i shipped out a huge batch of stuff that was picked up yesterday and doing another big shipping day (probably friday), most backordered stuff will be out the door by then. then probably another week or so on the most recent orders.

i'm starting to get caught up finally, not there yet but getting closer.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Balkan boy View Post
    Cheers for that.

correct, my tarps don't come with guyline or tent stakes, that's pretty normal. i think most people would rather purchase quality guyline than have me raise the price a little and include some cheap stuff with the tarp.

the bb is good to go right out of the box for the most part, it doesn't come with tent stakes though (uses 2, most people use them but they are not necessary)

the adjustable webbing suspension benefits from the use of 2 carabiners, those aren't included either. the carabiners make the adj web suspension quicker to setup but are not necessary.

things like tent stakes and carabiners are not included mainly because they would raise the price by a noticeable amount, and because these are items that many people either already have or items where people might want a certain brand or model. many people want dutch clips instead of carabiners for instance, or a certain kind of tent stake. if these items were included i'd have alot of people asking for a discount to leave out certain components like these because they already have them or plan on getting them elsewhere. it's simply easier to leave them out and let the customer get what they need/want. my philosophy on tarps is very similar. a tarp isn't included with the blackbird for the same reasons, because it's better for the customer to decide the size of tarp that is best for their needs rather than me trying to pick for them.

i do sell high quality braided dyneema guyline and lightweight carabiners in the accessory section. i don't currently sell tent stakes, but you can get those just about anywhere.

Hammock
    Switchback - 1.9DL, BMBH
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Phoenix UQ, JRB TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    It feels like Christmas. I have ridgeline, Guylines, and stakes waiting on tarp.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC 1.7 Double
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB Wookie
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Images
    Thanks for the update Brandon. This is exciting news!

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast