Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Iafte View Post
    why do you need a quick change solution? its not like you will be carrying three tarps for different weather.
    In my case I was trying to relocate which tieouts I was using depending on how I set it up. Having long guylines on every tieout I might use one on wasn't all that palatable and even moving a larks head attachment wasn't all that easy in miserable weather, at least for me it wasn't.
    Youngblood AT2000

hc, i've got you covered. what you need is the little plastic piece that they use to hold back the doors of tents when you roll them back, you just stick it through the loop. you know what im talking about right? anyway, i couldn't find them, but i found the inner piece from a double barrel toggle works just the same. i bought a whole box. pm me your address and i'll send you some. i think i can find a pic of them somewhere on here, i'll look and see.

here it is, there are a couple different ways to use it, but you get the idea. i think they weigh around a gram each.

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/a...7&d=1200780909
    Last edited by warbonnetguy; 04-14-2008 at 18:49.

Senior Member ringtail-THFKAfood's Avatar
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    WB Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

mitten hooks - No

Mitten hooks are NOT sturdy enough for tarp line tie outs. I use flag clips from Seattle Fabrics.

I have picture of hooks and clips in my gallery.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    - Mark Twain

Hammock
    TeeDee Bridge Hammock
    Tarp
    Customized JRB
    Insulation
    Down or IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Toggle attachment

I attach all my guy lines to the tarp using a toggle.

I have a bowline in the end of the guy line, slide that over the tarp tie out, slide a short stick through the tie out, pull the bowline down tight against the stick. Done.

Super simple to undo.

If the stick isn't too knotty, simply pull the stick out and the guy line falls free.

If the stick is knotty or the bark is very rough, I have to pull the guy line towards the tarp slightly to loosen things up and then pull the stick.

Either way, super simple to do and undo.

Plenty of small sticks laying around the trees I have used. They don't have to be super strong. Any skinny short stick will do. There really isn't much force on the stick.

Hammock
    DIY Wbbb Clone
    Tarp
    12x10 Cat cut DIY
    Suspension
    Ring Buckles
    Images
    I understand now, easy change more than quick. I use mini carabeners on my heavy tarp, not sure what I will use on my lighter one.
    Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time. ~Steven Wright

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    hc, i've got you covered. what you need is the little plastic piece that they use to hold back the doors of tents when you roll them back, you just stick it through the loop. you know what im talking about right? anyway, i couldn't find them, but i found the inner piece from a double barrel toggle works just the same. i bought a whole box. pm me your address and i'll send you some. i think i can find a pic of them somewhere on here, i'll look and see.

here it is, there are a couple different ways to use it, but you get the idea. i think they weigh around a gram each.

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/a...7&d=1200780909
    I know the piece you are talking about, but I've never seen any for sale. I have no idea what you would call it.

When I first got your El Dorado hammock I wondered what the deal was with the cord lock on the guy lines. I eventually figured it out and I like how it works. I had forgotten about it until now. I will play aroung with the guy lines that came with my hammock and see how the system works with the shock cord tensioners. I want to start using Youngblood's method making the tensioners, if it's possible to imcorpate with some sort of quick change system.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by food View Post
    Mitten hooks are NOT sturdy enough for tarp line tie outs. I use flag clips from Seattle Fabrics.

I have picture of hooks and clips in my gallery.
    These are the flag clips?

Those look like they would work very well. They look a lot sturdier than mitten hooks. Are they pretty light?
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

I made my "Justjeff-style" tarp tensioners on some 1.8mm dynema and I tied them with a two-inch loop in the end. This loop just girth hitches onto my Macats' D-rings, no hardware needed and I can remove it if neccesary.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    ZPACK CUBEN
    Insulation
    quilts
    Suspension
    Web'g cinch buckle
    Images
    Headchange4u, I like your idea. I also have a few tarps that all look and work differently. What about a 1 inch long and 1/4 in id plastic tube of some sort? Take the guy line through the tube, then thru the loop on your tarp, then back through the tube and tie a slip knot on the end. Pull the slip knot and you aere loose. Just an Idea.
    There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.
    Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Senior Member ringtail-THFKAfood's Avatar
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    WB Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    These are the flag clips?

Those look like they would work very well. They look a lot sturdier than mitten hooks. Are they pretty light?
    .1 oz.

I also put either a flag clip or a mitten hook between the bag and the cordlock on my stuff sacks to hang on the ridgeline.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    - Mark Twain