Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    FOUND:Nylon Chaps Snake Bite Proof

    Looking for something that is snake bite proof to cover lower part of legs.

    2,000 denier nylon or something close to it.
    Last edited by wildnfree; 09-21-2011 at 14:24.

  2. #2
    Jazilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Carencro, Louisiana
    Hammock
    DIY GE
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* zepplin/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Posts
    1,995
    Images
    108
    Canvas gaiters maybe?
    Yosemite Sam: Are you trying to make me look a fool?
    Bugs: You don't need me to make you look like a fool.
    Yosemite Sam: Yer deerrrnnn right I don't!

  3. #3
    Senior Member guySmiley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hammock
    hammock
    Tarp
    tarp
    Insulation
    UQ
    Posts
    374
    Images
    14
    https://www.uplanders.com/home.php?d...FYjBKgode0dE2A

    What are you doing that you need snake gaiters?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by guySmiley View Post
    https://www.uplanders.com/home.php?d...FYjBKgode0dE2A

    What are you doing that you need snake gaiters?
    I'll be going into an area where the timber rattlers will be gathering for the winter hybernation.

    Thanks for the link. I'll buy from them at the end of the week if no one has a pair to get rid of. Good to know they have gaiter length.

    Canvas gaiters might work if they are woven tightly enough.

  5. #5
    Found a source for some 2,000 denier polyester fabric by the yard. will try to sew a pair of gaiters. Can't be that hard.

  6. #6
    Senior Member griesl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW VA
    Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    SUPERFLY!!!
    Insulation
    No Sniv & Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by wildnfree View Post
    I'll be going into an area where the timber rattlers will be gathering for the winter hybernation.

    Thanks for the link. I'll buy from them at the end of the week if no one has a pair to get rid of. Good to know they have gaiter length.

    Canvas gaiters might work if they are woven tightly enough.
    I'm heading out this weekend, too, and I'm wondering if where I'm going is where the timber rattlers gather. Where are you going, if you don't mind me asking?

  7. #7
    Jazilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Carencro, Louisiana
    Hammock
    DIY GE
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* zepplin/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Posts
    1,995
    Images
    108
    Don't go cheap on the needle. Gonna take a good quality strong one for this project I would think. If a snakes needles won't penetrate a machines might not either.
    Yosemite Sam: Are you trying to make me look a fool?
    Bugs: You don't need me to make you look like a fool.
    Yosemite Sam: Yer deerrrnnn right I don't!

  8. #8
    Acer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Southern Indiana Wooded Hills
    Hammock
    WBRR, BMBH UL, Diy M90 MR Gathered
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4/Tadpole
    Insulation
    Lynx/UGQ/TeWa
    Suspension
    Straps/Dutch Bling
    Posts
    3,808
    Images
    14
    I could have used those Tues,,as wife chased a 3.5ft copperhead under the freezer with a shovel,,in the garage,,had to tear everything out of the garage,,and so far still haven't found the snake,,I even pulled the freezer and fridge out from the wall and was looking in the compressor compartments,,snake is still in garage...dang!!

  9. #9
    Senior Member JohnSawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Posts
    4,696
    Images
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    I could have used those Tues,,as wife chased a 3.5ft copperhead under the freezer with a shovel,,in the garage,,had to tear everything out of the garage,,and so far still haven't found the snake,,I even pulled the freezer and fridge out from the wall and was looking in the compressor compartments,,snake is still in garage...dang!!
    Guess you're doing the laundry for a while....

    I'd keep a CO2 fire extinguisher handy... Or get a heat-mat and make a really small cave oiut of a couple scrap 2x4's, stick it in a corner somewhere... get up real early and I'd bet he finds the warm spot...
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda


  10. #10
    MAD777's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South Florida
    Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY down 3/4 UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide & Dutch
    Posts
    8,601
    Images
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    I could have used those Tues,,as wife chased a 3.5ft copperhead under the freezer with a shovel,,in the garage,,had to tear everything out of the garage,,and so far still haven't found the snake,,I even pulled the freezer and fridge out from the wall and was looking in the compressor compartments,,snake is still in garage...dang!!
    It's time to buy a pet mongoose!
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •