Tarp
    catcut w/doors
    Insulation
    UQ10D860/ TQ15D700
    Suspension
    UCRs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rug View Post
    Ohh does that mean I can get 0.000001% off the price for 'naming rights'? =)
    Rug, from geek to geek -- I'd even double it which would make it a 0.000002% share!

Hammock
    not quite eno..
    Tarp
    10x12 DIY
    Insulation
    insultex+momentum
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by trinni View Post
    KM, that's the original piece I used for the proto 1. Each box is 5x5mm. The Fatrocket's pattern is 5% bigger. You'll have to adjust the pattern's size according to your own head -- but that's a no-brainer. You'll need 12 of these side by side and might want to make the channels a little longer to cover up your ears better!
    Mille Grazie!

Hammock
    gathered-end /w sock
    Tarp
    catcut w/doors
    Insulation
    UQ10D860/ TQ15D700
    Suspension
    UCRs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KerMegan View Post
    Mille Grazie!
    Prego!

Mind you, you'll end up with a Blackrock-like beanie if you don't adjust the width of the outer piece of fabric. Also: Try french seams, makes the inner look cleaner! I'll post a howto once I get much more time.

Hammock
    gathered-end /w sock
    Tarp
    catcut w/doors
    Insulation
    UQ10D860/ TQ15D700
    Suspension
    UCRs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by raiffnuke View Post
    So....when are you going to start selling them?
    As soon as I have my fiancee's backup... (equals with "never").
    It's a hobby and I love it!

Hammock
    Black Diamond Portaledge
    Insulation
    900fp Down
    It's good to hear that your actual blackrock beanie is coming out of a big lot of evaluation. Do you have your different prototypes around and would you mind sharing a glimpse?
    I'll have to go dig some up, look at them and think about it I can say the first one I made looked more like a Yamaka than a beanie but some of that was due to lack of materials and money at the time so the first three I made back in the day were model sized hats.

Once I got something better I jumped full size but I remember ending up with "cone head" hats for a while. I still wear #17... I consider that the "OG Black Rock Hat". I Made it on the original Blue Jeans Machine too which was free at the time.

That machine did HORRIBLE stitching and was simply a dog to use, but I think I built out and sold nearly 300 hats before being able to upgrade. Now I'm numerous machines down the line and hundreds more hats finished. It's always changing though. I've tweaked the pattern, sizing and every other little thing on the hat for years, so at this point I run versioning on the hat. Starting with that 17th hat as version 1.0 I'm now up to version 4.0 with about 15 minor revs to that pattern and assembly. I figure I've got to keep pushing the design forward all the time. Hoping for version 5.0 sometime next year if I can upgrade to a dream piece of equipment.

I also up revisions with new tools and jigs too, so at this point I've got a shop full of jigs, markers, tracing tools, clamp setups and a full on machine I built to help stuff these things. It's the engineer in me

I like the differential cut you're using, nice work. Next up I wanna see one with differential cut 3D baffles with side block or offset baffles. I've got one prototype with a full side block and offset baffle construction using noseeum netting. Pain to make but looks kinda like your rocket beanie for size, just no sewn through baffles. I'm gonna use some of that design in another item I've been working on for a year or so. Won't be a beanie though, but it will go on your head... Sometime in 2012 assuming we get out everything we want to this year.
    Evan Cabodi
    Black Rock Gear
    www.blackrockgear.com

Hammock
    DIY SRL with DIY Bugnet
    Suspension
    Whoopie/S.Shackle
    Images
    I sense a phonetic resemblance... Now, here's a little teaser in exchange for 10 more German words:

I have been working on a down beanie for a couple days now and am curious, did you have an equation or specific reasoning in mind when you created the curve/point at the top of the pattern? In other words, is the curve at the tip of the pattern based on some exact measurement or just kinda drawn in freehand?

Hope this makes sense and thanks,
    Joe