depends on weather
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    various
    Suspension
    Straps, Dutch Clip
    Images
    Wow! What a great hang! Good for y'all for sticking it out with the weather.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    That was actually a 20 x 30' tarp. I've been to more than one group hang were the rain ended the social aspect of the gathering, sending everybody to hang out in their own little space until the rain stopped... sometimes the next day. Bummer.

And I've been to a few were such a big cover was there that everyone could continue to visit at will. Much better
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    You all in the U.S. are soooo lucky to have such GREAT events! I’m soooo jealous! Looks like a great time was had. It would be a must for anyone thinking of getting into hammock hanging. To be able to go along and try would save time and money. To be able to talk to 39 hangers would turbo charge the learning curb. I’ll see if I can find the mentioned video. Thanks for all the photos!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl + TTTG Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruciehi5 View Post
    . I’ll see if I can find the mentioned video. Thanks for all the photos!
    Sorry but there will be NO video. It was only 20 seconds of the music stage. Nothing about the hanging. So I didn't do a Youtube thing to bring it over to HF.
    Rockdawg69

It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock and Roll ----- those hills!!!

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Hammock
    Eno DL, Deep Jungle XL, Kammock Roo
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    ok, my quick summary!

getting there friday with gumbo & tim, its raining steadily and moron me packed the poncho in the BOTTOM of the pack, so out everything comes onto a picnic table, getting me and most of my stuff nice and wet. frustrating as ive only had a little bit of sleep the day before, but it is what it is.

wander around and find a place that looks good, and get setup. still raining. made the mistake of testing the hang on the hammock....i was out...

i woke up a little while later and met with Slowhike & Rockdawg, helping get Big Blue & the kitchen/dinning area setup as others roll in including DivaB and crew who were awesome to roll in from Ohio. Rains quit by this point.

Dutch rolls in and everyone gathers 'round while he sets up, watching the master and looking for tips and tricks. while hes setting up his awesome tarp with the tent pole mod, someone makes the SHOCKING discovery that hes using Figure 9's on the RL!!! theres a picture of this and his shame floating around somewhere....hardware is quickly swapped out...

Dinner that night of Taco Soup was excellent, and after hanging out a good bit i passed out early. Had me an awesome baked apple too....killer.

Next morning, its breakfast time. I usually dont eat much, but i grabbed some doughnut holes and bacon for the breakfast of champs. Soggy was happy bacon was finally in her grasp!

Slowhike and I head over to the festival to setup with Puddens pop up tent and the HF sign, i bring my spare ENO and fiddle with the super long suspension. Rockdawg, T&G, LDcakes and Pudden join us with their rigs, Dutch comes a little later and brings the super backpack/bridge. we get lots of "customers" asking about our gear, along with a lot of people asking if we were selling it. I had a surprising amount of people recall either having used "something similar back in the day" and even a few people who still do and didnt know there was a place like HF for all hammock related stuff. or that there was hammock related stuff! the place we setup was, at first a little disappointing but once we got moved around and things adjusted, we had a nice bit of traffic in our area, especially being on the food path.

getting back to camp we see others have made it, and are in various states of setup. cooking has been started, and the weather is holding! The raffle had a ton of good prizes and even had the new toys from Dutch as promised. Drackin was the big winner, all but 1 of his tickets hit in the first round, and then he won again in the big item drawing! threats of late night thumping from soap in socks were made...BigTurtle makes his artwork fire and started to make some paracord bracelets, of which i received one that fits my big ole wrist. the night goes well, with Spanky on the Uke and the Pudden with the stories. Rain came with desert tho, which consisted of apple and peach cobblers and monkey bread. during brief breaks in rain, i hauled it to my campsite.

late that night, i had to drop the sides of the tarp because i was getting a little overspray, and it really came down. i saw lightning for a while before thunder came into the picture, and i was in and out of consciousness all night for worry. All told, i survived with very little moisture, and even left my pack on the ground near the foot of the hammock and it didnt get any wetter.

Not so for Gumbos girl Soggy tho...she almost floated away. in the end, i think she scooped out 15 big mug fulls of water out of the tent floor...which is why you dont bring a tent to a hammock hang! we all started to tear down after breakfast in the rain, and the driest part of the day was when the last of us were leaving after taking big blue down.

overall, this event was not only fun to be at, but a great learning experience for a lot of people. i was able to show off some of my dutch gear, and even got some help with my UQ fitment.

really glad the rangers liked us so much, and basically seemed to ask us back next year. i hope ill be able to go again and see of the area, and be a little more dry!!!
    Give a man fire and he's warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Dante

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockdawg69 View Post
    Sorry but there will be NO video. It was only 20 seconds of the music stage. Nothing about the hanging. So I didn't do a Youtube thing to bring it over to HF.

Ok, thanks for letting me/us know, Rockdawg69! Maybe next time.
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Anyone know how much foot traffic the festival gets?
    Exercise, eat right, die anyway -- Country Roads bumper sticker
    Fall seven times, standup eight. -- Japanese Proverb

Hammock
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    Anyone know how much foot traffic the festival gets?
    Good question. I had ment to ask but did not. I'll find out. It would be hard for me to guess anything better than a LOT

Hammock
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockdawg69 View Post
    I think the only video I shot was part of a song by Wayne Henderson & then small blonde lady with a big voice singing "Mule Skinner Blues"
    But I think another person or two shot some video maybe. We'll have to do better on that next year.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I have some video but it has to be edited first and as I am still learning the editing "how tos" it may be awhile
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast