DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCadet View Post
    OK people listen up...there is no chance of me getting fired. Period. Case closed. Not gonna happen. I work for a military suport contract and I'm not only one of the hardest working, most knowledgable people but I'm now the golden boy for enlisting.

Don't think that I'm squating there all the time. I am just hanging there at night until I have to clock in at 5am.

The way my schedule is I usually work 9 days on and 5 days off. So I plan on staying at my gfs or driving three hours to my parents for my long weekends.

The area around work is not the greatest part of Atlanta. I'm not about to camp around here.
    But, if you're sleeping outside of work... how are you going to play hooky and fake sick?

Fronkey

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Everyone is just showing concern, and just want you to succeed at this, and I think that is quite nice. Never get to comfortable though, as everyone is replaceable in any and all situations. Good luck to you and your future and congrats on your future military career. I wish you the best, and jealous of your temporary freedom.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCadet View Post
    HAHA you're telling me. I joined the Marine Corps last month and ship to Paris Island in a few months.
    I spent 21 years in the Corps. Enjoy the hammock. You won't get that comfort at Paris Island!

Seriously, enjoy the freedom now and when ever you can in the future!

Hammock
    not quite eno..
    Tarp
    10x12 DIY
    Insulation
    insultex+momentum
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    if the gear test explanation doesn't work maybe try; you are sleeping outside to 'toughen up' for field exercises?
    Personally(!) as an interim housing solution,I don't think this could be better, he -is- authorized to be on the premises, he is not hurting anything, and he is always prompt for work...I do not see the problem.
    KM(who was never homeless, but occasionally considers how it would best be handled..)

Images
    i prosecuted an employee for the same thing. if he had just told me he wouldn't of went to jail. they called me, but i had didn't know he was there. insurance is the other issue.
    when you get caught, and you will. it will not be the way you think. it maybe just the game warden chasing a wild dog. good luck, it's your life
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Hammock
    Hennessy Safari, Eno Doublenest
    Insulation
    Homemade Undrquilt
    I know you think we are being hard a**es about this, but it seems we are thinking this through whereas you might not be putting that much thought into it, hence the post. And yes I am sure everyone is just trying to help guide you with their personal experiences.

I know you are insisting you are 'indespensible', but that's a dangerous attitude to take, especially in this economy. Trust me, businesses always operate under the condition that you may not show up tomorrow, be it firing, freak bus accident, wild hair, etc. The minute you start acting like you are indespensible, you will be shown how quickly you can be replaced. Unless your Dad owns this company, you are only as 'golden' as you think you are.

Mentioning that this is a 24 hour facility tosses up more flags for me than it eases the situation. That means there is always the opportunity for someone to go take a walk, spot something suspicious, and next thing you know you are explaining yourself to law enforcement and your boss who was sound asleep. And having a car full of your belongings, and a prior history everyone knows about doesn't lend credence to your story of testing out your gear. It might sound plausible to you, and by all means feel free to give it a try, but while forgiveness might be easier than permission, you won't score any points by making up some story and then getting caught in a lie.

It's your life, do as you please, but prepare yourself to face the consequences if any come up from this. Do you not have any friends you could hang at their place?

Hammock
    WB 1.1DBL, Eno DBL
    Tarp
    WB Super or Edge
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Whoooooopy!
    Go go SUPER MAN, That is dynamite.

Banned
    Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Camo Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY Thinsulate UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I would like to to say congradulations and thank you for joining the Marine Corps. I hope that it is good for you and that you stay safe.

Hammock
    Clark Jungle Hammock-NX 250
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Winter Incubator
    Suspension
    Straps, cinch bkls
    Lets just hope no one else at work is a forum member!!
    "Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime” Rupert Pupkin

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dl HB noseeum modified
    Tarp
    WB BMJ, HH hex
    Insulation
    winter incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing
    If you already enlisted, are you in the delayed entry program or whatever they call it these days. If so, have you talked to your recruiter about just shipping out earlier. Slots come open regularly from people getting bounced for medical, legal, or personal problems.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast