Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 247
  1. #21
    Callahan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, dbl 1.0 BB, Bias WW
    Tarp
    HG Custom 4S
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG, MB
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Posts
    1,060
    Man, another great video Fronkey, I need all the sewing instruction I can get!

    Jeez, the mosquitos out there are something else!

    +1 on the sticky request!

    Cheers

  2. #22
    Fronkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grass Valley, Ca
    Hammock
    DIY "The Crippler"
    Tarp
    "Cuben Refugee"
    Insulation
    DIY "The Ex-gf"
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    5,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Myteathor View Post
    And WHY! havent you mentioned your cat in your videos!?? Showing a lil canine favortisim hmmmmmm!!!
    Because they're evil! Every day they do something to annoy me and the girlfriend finds it hiarious. So yes, I do favor the canine.


    Quote Originally Posted by enoorange View Post
    Excellent timing.
    Today I was with my wife at the local "Hobby Lobby" and purchased some Tulle netting....so was searching for some ideas and walla...found your video.

    Just what I was needing. Thanks! Nice work.

    AND your PETS listened so well!!!
    Awesome dude! I'm glad this will help you out and that's why I wanted to make some instructions for it. Good luck man and let me know how it goes.


    Quote Originally Posted by Buenos View Post
    Well done! I do like your aproach. I like the ability to reach outside the rig without unzipping and letting critters in.

    Thanks for taking the time to share this! Way cool!
    Thanks man! When you get up in the middle of the night to write your name, you'll really appreciate it, because your net closes itself automatically. That's one of the reasons I made this design and have loved it for quite awhile now.

    Quote Originally Posted by ArcsandSparks View Post
    Sweet video and instructions dude! If I didn't have DIY hammock w/ net already I probably would make one...Let's be honest, I probably will anyway

    They should probably make this bad boy a STICKY.
    You could always make one for your ENO.

    And thanks a lot for the sticky suggestion. It would be pretty cool to get one of those.

    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Man, another great video Fronkey, I need all the sewing instruction I can get!

    Jeez, the mosquitos out there are something else!

    +1 on the sticky request!

    Cheers
    They are huge and adorable here... BEWARE!

    Glad these instructions can help you out dude and thanks for the sticky suggestion.

    Fronkey

  3. #23
    Senior Member Veto 65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Cohoes, New York
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Chinook 9.6x9.6
    Insulation
    AH New River UQ
    Suspension
    Came with the BB
    Posts
    860
    Images
    6
    Great video, great idea, great big but lovable bugs out your way.
    I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. - E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

  4. #24
    Senior Member TFC Rick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Hammock
    DIY Silver Lining
    Tarp
    Need one.
    Insulation
    Gar-quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/huggers
    Posts
    1,243
    Forget Sticky. They should rename stickys Fronkeys. Now I have sewing to do.
    Look up before you hook up!!
    Originally Posted by body942
    Me big. Me like hammockgear burrow. Long. Problems no. People good.

  5. #25
    pullarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    20* Phoenix
    Suspension
    diy whoopie slings
    Posts
    54
    Awesome vid. Super helpful.

    I'm a total newb, but with DIY instructions like this, I have a feeling I'm gonna have to get my own sewing machine before the year is out.

    Thanks.

  6. #26
    Fronkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grass Valley, Ca
    Hammock
    DIY "The Crippler"
    Tarp
    "Cuben Refugee"
    Insulation
    DIY "The Ex-gf"
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    5,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Veto 65 View Post
    Great video, great idea, great big but lovable bugs out your way.
    Thanks a lot Veto. It's a really easy project and it sure does keep those pesky bugs away.

    Quote Originally Posted by TFC Rick View Post
    Forget Sticky. They should rename stickys Fronkeys. Now I have sewing to do.
    Haha thanks a lot dude! I made your snake skins out of the left over fabric I had from this project.
    Quote Originally Posted by pullarius View Post
    Awesome vid. Super helpful.

    I'm a total newb, but with DIY instructions like this, I have a feeling I'm gonna have to get my own sewing machine before the year is out.

    Thanks.
    Thanks man. It's fun to make one and pretty dang simple too.


    Fronkey

  7. #27
    Whoooo Buddy)))) Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    14,486
    Images
    62
    Good to beat the skeet!
    That is a good fix for the hammock.
    Shug
    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!



    Shug's YouTube Videos

    Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

    Shug and Friends Jammin'

  8. #28
    Senior Member zukiguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rockledge, FL
    Hammock
    HH Explorer UL 2Q zip
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe Sil
    Insulation
    Te-wa standard
    Suspension
    JRB Whoopies
    Posts
    1,133
    Images
    6
    The timing on this is just way too cool. I just got the whoopies installed on my son's cheapo parachute hammock. Now I need some insect protection and "voila", instructions in my first search.

    Rather than sew the ends I may just leave them open for now. I want to be able to install/remove without taking down the hammock. Perhaps if I put a length of shock cord along each bottom edge so I can tie it together at the corners if that would keep the netting in place? Maybe a few short tabs of velcro to close off the ends just a bit (keep it from sliding off). This would add a little weight but make it more flexible for my purposes.

    Great idea....just what I was looking for.

  9. #29
    canoebie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Edwardsburg, MI
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Super Ogee
    Insulation
    DIY IX UQ, Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings, dc
    Posts
    2,555
    I really like the simplicity of this. I am going to making some hammocks and skeeter nets when the snow is flying and I want to do something beside the warm wood stove. Thanks.
    Revolution is about the need to re-evolve political, economic and social justice and power back into the hands of the people, preferably through legislation and policies that make human sense. That's what revolution is about. Revolution is not about shootouts.

    Bobby Seale


    http://www.riverjourneys.org

  10. #30
    Fronkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grass Valley, Ca
    Hammock
    DIY "The Crippler"
    Tarp
    "Cuben Refugee"
    Insulation
    DIY "The Ex-gf"
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    5,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Good to beat the skeet!
    That is a good fix for the hammock.
    Shug
    Thanks dude.
    Even our big minnesota skeeters don't stand a chance.

    Quote Originally Posted by zukiguy View Post
    The timing on this is just way too cool. I just got the whoopies installed on my son's cheapo parachute hammock. Now I need some insect protection and "voila", instructions in my first search.

    Rather than sew the ends I may just leave them open for now. I want to be able to install/remove without taking down the hammock. Perhaps if I put a length of shock cord along each bottom edge so I can tie it together at the corners if that would keep the netting in place? Maybe a few short tabs of velcro to close off the ends just a bit (keep it from sliding off). This would add a little weight but make it more flexible for my purposes.

    Great idea....just what I was looking for.
    Awesome! I'm glad these instructions can help you out.

    If you leave the ends open you won't be able to do the shock cord bottom because that will prevent it from coming off the way you were describing.

    I actually don't have to take the hammock down when removing the netting. I just pull off one whoopie, slide it through the netting hole and then re-attach it to my webbing. Then walk on over to the other side and repeat. My hammock never even touches the ground and it takes about a minute to do.

    I can shoot a quick video for you tomorrow if you want a visual example. Just let me know dude.

    Quote Originally Posted by canoebie View Post
    I really like the simplicity of this. I am going to making some hammocks and skeeter nets when the snow is flying and I want to do something beside the warm wood stove. Thanks.
    I figured this would be a perfect project for those cold winters. Let me know how it comes out and I'm glad this will help you out. Thanks a lot!

    Fronkey

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •