Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Senior Member jbphilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA/on the Road
    Hammock
    GT Ultralight Skeeter Beeter
    Tarp
    WL Tad Pole tarp
    Insulation
    CCF pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Posts
    141

    Philadelphia-area people, want to hang on Oct. 8-9?

    Basically, I only have one friend who's into camping and he's busy next weekend. Seeing as how it's October, I want to spend just about every weekend in the woods in one way or another, so I thought I'd see if there's anybody from the area around Philly who'd want to set up a group hang this Saturday-Sunday. Or Friday-Saturday I guess although I probably couldn't get off work early enough. I live in the city and don't have a car but I could take the regional rail out to meet someone and get picked up. Anybody interested?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Roche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    849
    Images
    2
    With the Phillies in the playoffs? Think November.

  3. #3
    kayak karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South, South Jersey
    Posts
    3,172
    Images
    7
    where ? south jersey or central pa?
    It's not procrastinating, its proactively delaying the implementation of the energy-intensive phase of the project until the enthusiasm factor is at its maximum effectiveness.

  4. #4
    SilvrSurfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Hammock
    BIAS Hiker Lite
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG!
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutchbling
    Posts
    5,041
    Images
    1
    I'm looking to get one hang in before Fall MAHHA at Gathland State Park 10/14-16. I'm good for an overnight 10/8-9 if it fleshes out.

  5. #5
    kayak karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South, South Jersey
    Posts
    3,172
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I'm looking to get one hang in before Fall MAHHA at Gathland State Park 10/14-16. I'm good for an overnight 10/8-9 if it fleshes out.
    sorry, too much distance. Parvins would be the farthest i'd go. thanks for offer.
    It's not procrastinating, its proactively delaying the implementation of the energy-intensive phase of the project until the enthusiasm factor is at its maximum effectiveness.

  6. #6
    Pretbek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Hammock
    DH Thunderbird
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG down
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Posts
    272
    Interested yes, but not available.
    I have a day-long commitment on Saturday.
    Oh yeah, and my UQ and tarp aren't in yet and I think I would have a severe case of CBS without them.

  7. #7
    SilvrSurfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Hammock
    BIAS Hiker Lite
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG!
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutchbling
    Posts
    5,041
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    sorry, too much distance. Parvins would be the farthest i'd go. thanks for offer.
    English, tricky language. I was trying to say that I'd be interested in a local hang (NY/NJ) before going down to the MAHHA in Maryland.

    Even though I live in NJ, I have never hung or camped in New Jersey. That $20 per night fee for a campsite at Parvin just kills me, and that looks like the rate at all NJ State Parks & Forests. Makes the Catskills, Adirondacks and AT look quite enticing!

  8. #8
    Dylan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Exit 5, NJ
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL or 1.7 SL WBTraveler
    Tarp
    HG 4-season Cuben
    Insulation
    Burrow & Phoenix
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Posts
    284
    Images
    1
    I might be able to swing something this weekend. I'd just have to shuffle some family stuff. Since I had to cancel MAHHA. I'd like to duck out for a night if I can.

    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    Even though I live in NJ, I have never hung or camped in New Jersey. That $20 per night fee for a campsite at Parvin just kills me, and that looks like the rate at all NJ State Parks & Forests. Makes the Catskills, Adirondacks and AT look quite enticing!
    There are a few backcountry camp sites in Wharton that are $2/person/night and they're pretty nice spots too. Batona Camp, the location of the winter hang, is one. Lower Forge is another that I've hit.
    - Dylan

    “If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong.”
    ― John Gierach

  9. #9
    SilvrSurfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Hammock
    BIAS Hiker Lite
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG!
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutchbling
    Posts
    5,041
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    I might be able to swing something this weekend. I'd just have to shuffle some family stuff. Since I had to cancel MAHHA. I'd like to duck out for a night if I can.

    There are a few backcountry camp sites in Wharton that are $2/person/night and they're pretty nice spots too. Batona Camp, the location of the winter hang, is one. Lower Forge is another that I've hit.
    Dylan:

    The wife and kids are away this weekend so I'm game for a Saturday hang. Let me know if you work something out. I've got a soccer game so I probably can't hit the road till 3 pm. I've been meaning to try Wharton State Forest.
    It's great to hear they have a winter hang that is local. I'll be there for sure!

  10. #10
    Dylan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Exit 5, NJ
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL or 1.7 SL WBTraveler
    Tarp
    HG 4-season Cuben
    Insulation
    Burrow & Phoenix
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Posts
    284
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    Dylan:

    The wife and kids are away this weekend so I'm game for a Saturday hang. Let me know if you work something out. I've got a soccer game so I probably can't hit the road till 3 pm. I've been meaning to try Wharton State Forest.
    It's great to hear they have a winter hang that is local. I'll be there for sure!
    It's looking like I can only duck out for a Friday night overnight. I have to watch the kiddos Saturday night. If a Friday overnight works for you, or anyone else that wants to go, I welcome the company. I may try Turkey Swamp Park in Freehold or Allire.

    jbphilly - if you can get out early enough an train it to Hamilton or Princeton Jct. (one or two stops from Trenton) I can pick you up.
    - Dylan

    “If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong.”
    ― John Gierach

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •