Results 1 to 8 of 8

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Redoleary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pennfield Twp, MI
    Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Posts
    3,183
    Images
    69

    VIDEO: Elephant Trunks Hammock Suspension Device

    Here's a quick video showing off my new Elephant Trunks from Smart Outdoors. Its not really a review its just a "look what I got" sort of thing. I tried my hand at narration for this video... seems that while I was born with a face for radio, I wasn't born with the voice to match!
    These things are really nice, I'm really looking fwd to getting them out on an over night. I would also like to mention that they come with a sort of technical drawing as a set of instructions on how to deploy them, its very nicely done.
    Thank you Boomborge for making these available.
    Also need to give a shout-out to Knotty for this gathered end instructions. I used them to mod my hammock to its current configuration, and I'm really happy with the way it came out.

    Good luck,
    RED

    My Youtube Channel

    Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

  2. #2
    BlazeAway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    1,242
    Images
    113
    Thanks for making and posting the video.
    Though I will stay with my whoopieslings and toggles.

  3. #3
    Syb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Trenton, NJ
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL/DIY
    Tarp
    OES/WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Posts
    1,644
    Images
    41
    Thanks for the vid Red, those ET's are pretty slick. I like the cinch buckle style versus whoopies (GASP! Did he just say that!?) and this combines an effective means of attaching to the hammock (your larkshead of the continuous loop) and I still think that hole in the ET could be used as an attachment point for a ridgeline.
    Syb
    Enjoy the elevation

  4. #4
    BLUEFIN 774's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Hammock
    Hennessy ULBA with 2QZQ mod #4
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway Tarp
    Insulation
    Hammockgear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    WhoOpie Slings/DCs
    Posts
    854
    Hey Redoleary,

    That was a good video, nice demo of the ETs.

    Thanks for posting.
    Take care,
    Bluefin


    Bluefin's Videos

  5. #5
    Redoleary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pennfield Twp, MI
    Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Posts
    3,183
    Images
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazeAway View Post
    Thanks for making and posting the video.
    Though I will stay with my whoopieslings and toggles.
    You're welcome Blaze, hope you enjoyed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syb View Post
    Thanks for the vid Red, those ET's are pretty slick. I like the cinch buckle style versus whoopies (GASP! Did he just say that!?) and this combines an effective means of attaching to the hammock (your larkshead of the continuous loop) and I still think that hole in the ET could be used as an attachment point for a ridgeline.
    No whoopies? Thats Blasphemy! JK, I can't seem to get on board with whoopies either.

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUEFIN 774 View Post
    Hey Redoleary,

    That was a good video, nice demo of the ETs.

    Thanks for posting.
    Thanks Bluefin I appreciate it.
    Good luck,
    RED

    My Youtube Channel

    Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

  6. #6
    Bubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Posts
    5,364
    Images
    57
    Good look and see video. They are a nice piece if kit. I bought a pair when they first came out and then just recently bought a second pair. Never been a fan of the MSH for some reason so these are great.

    Another thing that is handy is if I have couple of trees that are very close together, I can shorthen my suspension further by removing my whoopie slings and simply attaching the webbing and ET's to the continuous loops on my hammocks.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    20
    Great video! I can't wait to get mine. What length of webbing do you use with your no Whoopie setup?

  8. #8
    Redoleary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pennfield Twp, MI
    Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Posts
    3,183
    Images
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Good look and see video. They are a nice piece if kit. I bought a pair when they first came out and then just recently bought a second pair. Never been a fan of the MSH for some reason so these are great.

    Another thing that is handy is if I have couple of trees that are very close together, I can shorthen my suspension further by removing my whoopie slings and simply attaching the webbing and ET's to the continuous loops on my hammocks.
    Thanks Bubba. I think they're a pretty versatile piece of kit too.
    Quote Originally Posted by wedenj View Post
    Great video! I can't wait to get mine. What length of webbing do you use with your no Whoopie setup?
    Thank you Wedenj, I think my straps are 12', which seem to be plenty long for most circumstances. As demonstrated in the video, I like to double wrap smaller trees and spread the load out.
    Good luck,
    RED

    My Youtube Channel

    Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •