WB Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx UQ + Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    My first hang was nothing to write home about. I was too warm (temps got down to 48 or 50 and I was using my Western Mountainering 35 degree as an over quilt) and the sleeping pad slid out from under me a couple of times. I had let some air out of it but I will try it with even less air next time. Didn't get to try it last night. My buddy and I are hoping to head up this Saturday for another hang. Maybe Oseaola east or one of the better water falls.

Hammock
    MYOG 1.1 Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY top & U Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    By all means YES! All it takes is a few stitches and some grosgrain. My daughter has a UQ made from a 35*F sleeping bag that has taken her down to the low 30's. There are a number of people on here that have made fantastic looking UQ's out of sleeping bags.

Here are a few I found.

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=7284

http://gear-report.com/how-to-make-a...-sleeping-bag/

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=38978
    and then

Check out my website www.cwhammocks.com or Find me on the YouTubes
    You can even"Like" me on facebook or follow me on Twitter @cwhammocks

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows, and poop butterflies."

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Images
    Here's one I did for a friend last year, it's not very traditional, it's a little bit pea pod and a little bit UQ. On the second page you'll see it installed and hanging and you'll see the hood is a big lump. I recently took the hood off a put a drawstring channel there so it seals better on the head end.

Good luck,
    RED

My Youtube Channel

Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Nano
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Summerlite/WL UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    You maybe can get by without making any mods if your bag has a full length zipper.

I have been using my WM Summerlite Mummy in the hammock.

Just pull the foot zipper open about a foot, slide the hammock inside the bag and out the foot area, crawl in, zip the top up and tighten the drawstring infront of your neck. You can snuggle inside or use hat and pillow (bag with extra shirts, etc) for your head.

You kind of have to twist your feet around the footbox and be careful the zippers don't snag the hammock material. But it's worked so far.

To boost the heat I put a cut down windshield reflector under me in the hammock, sometimes I put it between the hammock and the sleeping bag.

The important thing is that the bottom of the bag can loft and fits snug so not to let heat out. Sounds like a pain but it's really not and should work untill you get a real UQ.

most mummy bags have less insulation on the bottom side. and for that reason i wouldn't modify one to an uq..it's just too much work! a square sleeping bag would be much easyer to adapt to an uq. i would lay the mummy bag inside and use that along with the adapted sleeping bag as an uq. that combo could take you down to 30 degrees without any major expenditure- welcome to the diy world..if you don't do it for yourself-who will?

Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    OES Standard
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Amsteel w\MSH
    Images
    Here is a 3/4 I made for my buddy in about 15 minutes. I just sewed a channel on each end 0f a 48x48 piece of sleeping bag and ran bungee cord through it.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest or GT Ultralight
    Tarp
    ENO DryFly
    Insulation
    GoLight 3STQ & CCF
    Quote Originally Posted by eflat7 View Post
    Here is a 3/4 I made for my buddy in about 15 minutes. I just sewed a channel on each end 0f a 48x48 piece of sleeping bag and ran bungee cord through it.
    Nice quick fix, cool stuff