DL 1.7 Blackbird
    Tarp
    SuperFly/snakeskin
    Insulation
    exped 9 dlx, sb UQ
    Suspension
    warbonnet straps
    here's a link to the Exped Shrink bag video
    remember, everything is still all together and gets stuffed into this bag.
    when setting up, pull out the tree strap on one end connect to tree,
    then feed out the contents till you get to the other strap and attach it.

I am having an idea on the quick setup tarp though,
    an idea I used before ....
    kinda like that link old dog shared,
    but this is kinda in reverse.
    I got another el cheapo tarp from sportmans guide
    that I might cut up to fit this idea.
    I like the Clark cocoon mode .....
    more to come ......

link to video

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    GoLite Poncho Tarp
    Insulation
    Phoenix, Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Instead of a tarp, consider a hammock sock for a bivvy. Roll it all up when you're done.

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    Since you have the WBBB and are looking at a "weather shield" attachment look no further than the BBO from Arrowhead Equipment. It works great at keeping the hammock warmer during the winter and does not add a lot weight or bulk to the system. I have one installed on my WBBB, made a bishop bag large enough to hold everything like you are wanting. Always kept my tarp seperate...... if needed it could be deployed if not never hung it. The BBO would keep the early morning dew off me during the night. Used the Dutchclip/webbing suspension for the hammock suspension. When I reaaly wanted to pack up quick I used the BB wing cords to reef everything together. Made it super quick to load everything in the bishopbag.
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    Too many to list
    Tarp
    Cuben with doors
    Insulation
    FlThrwr UQ+DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies + straps
    Images
    Here's a video of Jackleberry doing exactly what you're thinking (I think! )

"Pips"
    Mountains have a dreamy way
    Of folding up a noisy day
    In quiet covers, cool and gray.

---Leigh Buckner Hanes

Surely, God could have made a better way to sleep.

Surely, God never did.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe+2QZQ Mod #4
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    20* bag, PL, HHSS
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    What about using something similar to the HHSS complete setup (overcover, undercover, pad, etc...)?

Make an overcover that rests on top of the ridgeline/bugnet (and attaches to the suspension), but stakes out on either side to the ground, and is water proof? Make it from PU-coated nylon, and big enough to wrap completely around the body of the hammock, so that no wet part of the tarp comes in contact with the UQ/Hammock body.

Use an undercover that works like the standard HHSS, only instead of the OCF pad, have a "built in" down UQ and/or space blanket between the UC and hammock body.

Inside, have your down/compressible TQ.

Whole thing strings up with straps and whoopies to save weight and quick deployment/take down.

Odds are, it won't be as breathable/comfortable...but would be workable, lightweight, and quickly re-deployable.

Hammock
    DL 1.7 Blackbird
    Tarp
    SuperFly/snakeskin
    Insulation
    exped 9 dlx, sb UQ
    Suspension
    warbonnet straps

the new video series: "Gone in 60 Seconds"

Quote Originally Posted by bigbamaguy View Post
    Since you have the WBBB and are looking at a "weather shield" attachment look no further than the BBO from Arrowhead Equipment. It works great at keeping the hammock warmer during the winter and does not add a lot weight or bulk to the system. I have one installed on my WBBB, made a bishop bag large enough to hold everything like you are wanting. Always kept my tarp seperate...... if needed it could be deployed if not never hung it. The BBO would keep the early morning dew off me during the night. Used the Dutchclip/webbing suspension for the hammock suspension. When I reaaly wanted to pack up quick I used the BB wing cords to reef everything together. Made it super quick to load everything in the bishopbag.

Yup, I think the BBO is what I'm looking for!

http://arrowheadequipment.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/show/895179

That video of Jackleberry is really close to what I want, and I like the bishop bag idea, but it's not waterproof. I'll have to stick to the dry bag with the purge valve.

This will work out great in my canoe. The whole package is on the large size but it will still fit nicely in the canoe.

The kayak on the other hand has problems with the girth of the package, too big to fit into the hatches! I might have to shed some bulk somehow for this boat .....

I will carry a tarp anyway, just in case, but packed separately. I always run into some serious weather somehow, so just got to stay prepared.

the "Gone in 60 seconds" concept is getting closer for me! though it appears I'm not the only one on this quest, cool. I think we'll have to have a series of videos of us showing off our Fast Getaways. You got 60 seconds ladies and gentlemen, start your engines! Go! ..... don't blink! .....and you're gone ........
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dejoha View Post
    Instead of a tarp, consider a hammock sock for a bivvy. Roll it all up when you're done.
    That would be my idea as well. I've never been a big 'sock guy', but after seeing JustJeff weather out a couple of cold weather hangs with nothing but a sock around his hammock, well I'm not a convert, but I'm closer that I was.

The tarp is really your problem in this quest. As is, my underquilt is usually attached to the hammock in the BishopBag. Leaving the topquilt inside the hammock wouldn't be much of a big deal; except making a larger BishopBag. If you replaced the BishopBag (or whatever) with a waterproof sock, it would literally just be a matter of tying off the hammock to the anchor points, unzip the sock, and climb in.

Two thoughts. One, you'll want to carry a trash bag or something similar to throw your hammock-package into when it's wet out. Certainly don't want wet gear stowed with dry gear. Since you're camping near water, I can't really imagine a time when there won't be at least a dampness on your sock in the morning. Two, I'd put a breathable panel in the sock somewhere (preferably on the bottom) so that condensation can be combated. The two holes on either end of the sock for your suspension should provide some ventilation, but having a breathable panel would hedge the bet a bit. Oops, a third thought just came to mind. Best to make that sock out of cuben or Spinn IMO. Since it is just a sock and not really held off the hammock or quilts, you don't want passive moisture transferring where there is direct contact between the hammock rig and the sock. I don't have many good things to say about sil on this issue, so I'd just steer clear of it. As always, JMO.

Hope you come up with something good to show-off for us whatever path you take. Sounds like a good idea.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    DL 1.7 Blackbird
    Tarp
    SuperFly/snakeskin
    Insulation
    exped 9 dlx, sb UQ
    Suspension
    warbonnet straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    That would be my idea as well. I've never been a big 'sock guy', but after seeing JustJeff weather out a couple of cold weather hangs with nothing but a sock around his hammock, well I'm not a convert, but I'm closer that I was.

The tarp is really your problem in this quest. As is, my underquilt is usually attached to the hammock in the BishopBag. Leaving the topquilt inside the hammock wouldn't be much of a big deal; except making a larger BishopBag. If you replaced the BishopBag (or whatever) with a waterproof sock, it would literally just be a matter of tying off the hammock to the anchor points, unzip the sock, and climb in.

Two thoughts. One, you'll want to carry a trash bag or something similar to throw your hammock-package into when it's wet out. Certainly don't want wet gear stowed with dry gear. Since you're camping near water, I can't really imagine a time when there won't be at least a dampness on your sock in the morning. Two, I'd put a breathable panel in the sock somewhere (preferably on the bottom) so that condensation can be combated. The two holes on either end of the sock for your suspension should provide some ventilation, but having a breathable panel would hedge the bet a bit. Oops, a third thought just came to mind. Best to make that sock out of cuben or Spinn IMO. Since it is just a sock and not really held off the hammock or quilts, you don't want passive moisture transferring where there is direct contact between the hammock rig and the sock. I don't have many good things to say about sil on this issue, so I'd just steer clear of it. As always, JMO.

Hope you come up with something good to show-off for us whatever path you take. Sounds like a good idea.
    got some photos or videos of the sock in action?
    you just knew I was gonna ask that now didn't you?

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Hmmm. There may be some photographic evidence around somewhere. As I said, I'm not a sock-guy, so outside of a little experimenting, I don't use them. I'm sure there are some pics of JustJeff's setup at the last Colorado Winter Hang. I'll look around for them.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Here are a couple of angles of JustJeff's rig at the last Colorado Winter Hang. Pics are courtesy of OutandBack's gallery.

Trust nobody!