Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Catavarie View Post
    Great trip report, made me homesick for FL and I haven't lived there in 16 years.
    Thanks! It truly was an experience.

Quote Originally Posted by aboyd View Post
    Great report, sounds like a great adventure.
    Oh, yeah. This'll be one to remember. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    Haha I had a dream just like that the last time I went hiking. In the morning I told my friends, "You ever have one of those dreams where you're not sure if it really happened? Well, let's home it was a dream, because if not I had a bigfoot messing with my sleeping bag."

Bummer about the weather and no one else could make it. But, good for you for still getting out there in those woods.

I used to live in St. Augustine off of Racetrack in Fruit Cove. Small World.

Fronkey
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was a dream...remind me to tell you about Bigfoot some time. He almost caused me to punch the driver of a car that I was in once...just before we ran over a raccoon the size of a bear cub at seventy...

The weather was perfect. I love me some hiking in the wind and rain. I just don't like biking into the wind over long distances...that was the only drawback.

Definitely a small world.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Thanks for the trip report, Rider. I hiked out there in the rain Saturday evening, stood around in the rain and wind for awhile, then wimped out and went home. Sorry I missed ya!
    Aw, 's okay. I'm kinda used to being out on solos; my work schedule is so off from everyone else's that it's a fairly normal thing for me. I'll catch ya at the annual winter hang in Ocala, though, for certain!

Quote Originally Posted by canoebie View Post
    Great report, and way to both sleep and persevere. Challenges are fun, so is good rest. Nice thing about what we do is that it is easy to do both. I really enjoyed your report. Sometime I want to paddle and or hike someplace different from our area. Thanks again for the creative energy you put into the report. Nice break from work.
    Thanks! It certainly made for an interesting trip. If you every want to come on down to the greater Gainesville area, definitely let me know; we'll see what we can come up with. It most certainly was a great break from the weekly grind.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Thanks for that excellent report! I like a guy that doesn't let monsoon rains and 50 miles of headwinds stop him!
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    Thanks for that excellent report! I like a guy that doesn't let monsoon rains and 50 miles of headwinds stop him!
    Thanks! It was fun, and I look forward to the next hang up that way!

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    I must say that Shug inspired me to hang more than the ocasional net hammock in a friends backyard and got me to hammockforums, but your resolute inclination to take this trip regardless of conditions, and by bike even, with the trip report is what tipped me to become a member. Wow, that was a long sentence. I'm very impressed and now have a primer to what dedication to the hang this community is.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Floridahanger View Post
    I must say that Shug inspired me to hang more than the ocasional net hammock in a friends backyard and got me to hammockforums, but your resolute inclination to take this trip regardless of conditions, and by bike even, with the trip report is what tipped me to become a member. Wow, that was a long sentence. I'm very impressed and now have a primer to what dedication to the hang this community is.
    Well, thank you. That's quite the compliment. I'm not sure that "hard-headed stubbornness" qualifies as a good quality, mind you......but I do appreciate the compliment, nonetheless.

Let me know if you're ever up this way. As long as my schedule allows, I'll be there.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12