Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Senior Member BFGMofo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Clifton, VA
    Hammock
    SMr Parés, [o]TTeR Recliner
    Tarp
    SMr Nubé
    Insulation
    TTT Polar Pod
    Suspension
    SMr EZ slings
    Posts
    230
    Images
    14

    Question Looking for some fellow hangers in VA

    New to the forum and I am looking for people interested in getting a camping group together in Northern VA. Light to intermediate hikes for 1 or 2 night tree hangs.

  2. #2
    Senior Member BFGMofo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Clifton, VA
    Hammock
    SMr Parés, [o]TTeR Recliner
    Tarp
    SMr Nubé
    Insulation
    TTT Polar Pod
    Suspension
    SMr EZ slings
    Posts
    230
    Images
    14
    Going to do a 1 night hang at Bull Run Regional Park this Saturday Januray 28. Let me know if you would like to come along.

  3. #3
    monk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    WEST CHICAGO IL.
    Hammock
    wbbb1.1dl
    Tarp
    SUPER FLY CAMO
    Insulation
    40 uq+ sleepingbag
    Suspension
    wbbb
    Posts
    15

    Hanging

    Well man i would love to go this week end But My job with the Army says no, and i need better gear..all my gear sucks..im tossing the DIY hammock. its seen its last hang..im down in Newport news or as we like to call it ( Bad News VA)...omg....

  4. #4
    DivaB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Newark, OH
    Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Posts
    4,102
    Make sure you keep checking the trip planning area and calendar. I know VA has several. Some times they're named other than what you'd think they should be, which can make things easy to miss. Have a good time and be safe.

  5. #5
    monk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    WEST CHICAGO IL.
    Hammock
    wbbb1.1dl
    Tarp
    SUPER FLY CAMO
    Insulation
    40 uq+ sleepingbag
    Suspension
    wbbb
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by DivaB View Post
    Make sure you keep checking the trip planning area and calendar. I know VA has several. Some times they're named other than what you'd think they should be, which can make things easy to miss. Have a good time and be safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by monk View Post
    Well man i would love to go this week end But My job with the Army says no, and i need better gear..all my gear sucks..im tossing the DIY hammock. its seen its last hang..im down in Newport news or as we like to call it ( Bad News VA)...omg....
    Man that was fast, lol..soon my hammock in bio will read "homeless" but i will keep looking in the chapter for hangs, it feels like the only things, im doing is hikeing....

  6. #6
    Senior Member BFGMofo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Clifton, VA
    Hammock
    SMr Parés, [o]TTeR Recliner
    Tarp
    SMr Nubé
    Insulation
    TTT Polar Pod
    Suspension
    SMr EZ slings
    Posts
    230
    Images
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by monk View Post
    Man that was fast, lol..soon my hammock in bio will read "homeless" but i will keep looking in the chapter for hangs, it feels like the only things, im doing is hikeing....
    Hey Monk, I have a Henessy Explorer Deluxe I would part with for $100.00. Also, thanks for your service to our country!

  7. #7
    2Tall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Woodstock, Va
    Hammock
    11'ers DiY's, Darien U.L, WB Trvler
    Tarp
    HG4S, WB Asym
    Insulation
    HG Custom, W Mamba
    Suspension
    DGlyde, Dutch
    Posts
    811
    Im close enough. As far as Saturday, Id like to come but UPS lost my top quilt that I ordered. Gone...they sent the under quilt though...anyways. So gonna have to pass, Ill keep my eyes peeled for future hangs if you'll have me. Look forward to some new hikes as well.
    Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken!

  8. #8
    Senior Member BFGMofo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Clifton, VA
    Hammock
    SMr Parés, [o]TTeR Recliner
    Tarp
    SMr Nubé
    Insulation
    TTT Polar Pod
    Suspension
    SMr EZ slings
    Posts
    230
    Images
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TallWv View Post
    Im close enough. As far as Saturday, Id like to come but UPS lost my top quilt that I ordered. Gone...they sent the under quilt though...anyways. So gonna have to pass, Ill keep my eyes peeled for future hangs if you'll have me. Look forward to some new hikes as well.
    Of courseyou would be welcome. I hang often and will start posting in advance on a more regular basis. Will be doing a 2 or 3 nighter on the Appalachian Trail in the spring, the more the better. Gives the bears more people pinatas to smack around :-)

  9. #9
    2Tall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Woodstock, Va
    Hammock
    11'ers DiY's, Darien U.L, WB Trvler
    Tarp
    HG4S, WB Asym
    Insulation
    HG Custom, W Mamba
    Suspension
    DGlyde, Dutch
    Posts
    811
    Quote Originally Posted by BFGMofo View Post
    Of courseyou would be welcome. I hang often and will start posting in advance on a more regular basis. Will be doing a 2 or 3 nighter on the Appalachian Trail in the spring, the more the better. Gives the bears more people pinatas to smack around :-)
    Great! yeah I had planned to go that weekend somewhere and still may, but my faith in UPS is slim. Lemme get this deal sorted out and Im ready.
    Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken!

  10. #10
    Senior Member BFGMofo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Clifton, VA
    Hammock
    SMr Parés, [o]TTeR Recliner
    Tarp
    SMr Nubé
    Insulation
    TTT Polar Pod
    Suspension
    SMr EZ slings
    Posts
    230
    Images
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TallWv View Post
    Great! yeah I had planned to go that weekend somewhere and still may, but my faith in UPS is slim. Lemme get this deal sorted out and Im ready.
    I will be swinging solo so if UPS comes through, come on out. Going to do some drinking and Dutch oven cooking.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •