Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile Sanders View Post
    I kind of left this thread hanging....

The replacement full-length NoNet is perfect! Well, it is now that I rigged it with Whoopie Slings It is pretty much just like my JH without any netting, and just a bit longer. Super comfortable.

I'll have no hesitation ordering Claytor again if and when the need arises, he made it right and that's all I can ask for.
    Now there you go! Just like mine, NN a tad longer! And Super comfortable! Narrow with No Net = PeaPod works better than with anything else. Which means: works GREAT!
    For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us....that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.
    Romans 8:18,21-22

Hammock
    Claytor Mosquito
    Images
    Got my camping hammock in just a few days. Very nice. Was comfy to lay in

Hammock
    Claytor JH & NN
    Tarp
    Claytor Camo
    Insulation
    LL UQ, RevX TQ
    Suspension
    ws-straps
    Quote Originally Posted by MGtraildog View Post
    Got my camping hammock in just a few days. Very nice. Was comfy to lay in
    Mine seems to get more comfortable with use!
    Hangin' round beats on the ground...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Bob

Hammock
    Claytor JH & NN
    Tarp
    Claytor Camo
    Insulation
    LL UQ, RevX TQ
    Suspension
    ws-straps
    I really love the way the NoNet takes advantage of any breeze. I have a small shady woods area in my yard and if there is any breeze at all, I can beat the heat with the NoNet.

Bob

Hammock
    Claytor NoNet, 40 year NetJob, DN
    Tarp
    GOTTA WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    foam pad
    Suspension
    Still Playing
    Hey Croc in Hartselle, I know it's a couple months later, but, let me see if I know the answer to the NoNet's coolness. The way I read the Claytor website, the Jungle Hammock is about 10 feet long and the body is waterproof, while the NoNet is offered in 10 foot (long version) or 8 foot (short version), which is the same length as the Expedition Hammock, which is NOT waterproof, but breathable. Might be why it's cooler in a breeze. Now what I would like to know, and maybe Neo or someone that has both lengths, is 8 feet too short? Alabama needs a breathable hammock in the summer and would need the net for the bloodsuckin' birds we call skeeters.

Hammock
    HHDJ/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lite Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    Just received my nonet and can't wait to try it out. I have the peapod and am going by BillyBob's recommendation. Hope to check it out soon.
    Happy Hangin!!!

AKA BajaHanger

You cannot solve a problem with the same mind that created it. -Albert Einstein

Hammock
    Claytor JH & NN
    Tarp
    Claytor Camo
    Insulation
    LL UQ, RevX TQ
    Suspension
    ws-straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Kenton View Post
    Hey Croc in Hartselle, I know it's a couple months later, but, let me see if I know the answer to the NoNet's coolness. The way I read the Claytor website, the Jungle Hammock is about 10 feet long and the body is waterproof, while the NoNet is offered in 10 foot (long version) or 8 foot (short version), which is the same length as the Expedition Hammock, which is NOT waterproof, but breathable. Might be why it's cooler in a breeze. Now what I would like to know, and maybe Neo or someone that has both lengths, is 8 feet too short? Alabama needs a breathable hammock in the summer and would need the net for the bloodsuckin' birds we call skeeters.
    Oh man I just noticed this, here is my $.02 about it: I think it is more that the NoNet doesn't have netting, and the sides are not high, such as you find on a ENO DN (which my son has). Netting is a barrier to slight breezes, but mandatory to avoid involuntary blood donations to the skeeter swarm . But during the day when it is warm and the skeeters are not swarming, I like the NoNet very much.

The construction materials of the double bottom are the same as for the JH, as far as I can tell.

And 8' is too short a length, except maybe for a small child.

Bob