Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 50 of 50
  1. #41
    New Member WebsterJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Overland Park, KS
    Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 Dbl Layer
    Tarp
    WB Edge or DIY
    Insulation
    HG 20* UQ + DIY TQ
    Posts
    41

    4 mil painters plastic

    I haven't read through the whole thread yet, but I used 4 mil plastic and electrical tape to get my doors right. This stuff is awesome for DIY projects that you're not quite sure about.

    You can get the stuff at Home Depot for cheap.

    I went through 6 prototypes before getting the tarp door design I liked.

  2. #42
    Senior Member OneThing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Hammock
    HH EUA-sym
    Tarp
    MaCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HG 20 Phoenix
    Suspension
    UCR, Dutchware
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by WebsterJ View Post
    I haven't read through the whole thread yet, but I used 4 mil plastic and electrical tape to get my doors right. This stuff is awesome for DIY projects that you're not quite sure about.

    You can get the stuff at Home Depot for cheap.

    I went through 6 prototypes before getting the tarp door design I liked.
    Excellent idea. Thanks for sharing. That seems easier then bed sheets that you can't see threw.

  3. #43
    Jazilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Carencro, Louisiana
    Hammock
    DIY GE
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* zepplin/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Posts
    1,994
    Images
    108
    Finished my doors this weekend. Really simple project. Cut out pattern and add grosgrain around edges and go.
    I used DWR 1.1 ripstop cause its what I had.



    view from under tarp
    Yosemite Sam: Are you trying to make me look a fool?
    Bugs: You don't need me to make you look like a fool.
    Yosemite Sam: Yer deerrrnnn right I don't!

  4. #44
    Senior Member OneThing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Hammock
    HH EUA-sym
    Tarp
    MaCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HG 20 Phoenix
    Suspension
    UCR, Dutchware
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazilla View Post
    Finished my doors this weekend. Really simple project. Cut out pattern and add grosgrain around edges and go.
    I used DWR 1.1 ripstop cause its what I had.
    They look great. Have you tried them out to the front? What was the total weight as well?

  5. #45
    Jazilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Carencro, Louisiana
    Hammock
    DIY GE
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* zepplin/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Posts
    1,994
    Images
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by OneThing View Post
    They look great. Have you tried them out to the front? What was the total weight as well?
    I haven't tried to tie them to the front yet. This was my initial set up after finishing the second one. Had the first one finished for about 2 weeks.

    I will try and remember to weigh them tonight.
    Yosemite Sam: Are you trying to make me look a fool?
    Bugs: You don't need me to make you look like a fool.
    Yosemite Sam: Yer deerrrnnn right I don't!

  6. #46
    BrianWillan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
    Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Tarp
    Ogee / UGQ B.A.T.
    Insulation
    HG Inc-BE / Wiggys
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    1,868
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazilla View Post
    I haven't tried to tie them to the front yet. This was my initial set up after finishing the second one. Had the first one finished for about 2 weeks.

    I will try and remember to weigh them tonight.
    Would you happen to be a Green Bay Packers fan?

    Good job on the doors.

    Cheers

    Brian

  7. #47
    Jazilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Carencro, Louisiana
    Hammock
    DIY GE
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* zepplin/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Posts
    1,994
    Images
    108
    Not at all. That is the first tarp I made. First DIY in fact. Made it 5 years ago fron Walmart silnylon.
    Yosemite Sam: Are you trying to make me look a fool?
    Bugs: You don't need me to make you look like a fool.
    Yosemite Sam: Yer deerrrnnn right I don't!

  8. #48
    Senior Member HappyHiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Lakewood,CO
    Hammock
    DIY DL/HH Hyperlite/WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WL Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    HHSS/DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Webbing
    Posts
    279
    Images
    22
    Wow! Nice job Jazilla

    Plenty of coverage, even for a bigger tarp. What are dimensions of your tarp for reference?
    Experience is the worst teacher - it presents the exam first and the lesson later. - Unknown

  9. #49
    Jazilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Carencro, Louisiana
    Hammock
    DIY GE
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* zepplin/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Posts
    1,994
    Images
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by OneThing View Post
    They look great. Have you tried them out to the front? What was the total weight as well?
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    tarp door no-seeum stuff sack in oz

    tarp door no-seeum stuff sack in g

    tarp doors in stuff sack in oz

    tarp doors in stuff sack in g

    tarp doors in stuff sack


    Quote Originally Posted by HappyHiker View Post
    Wow! Nice job Jazilla

    Plenty of coverage, even for a bigger tarp. What are dimensions of your tarp for reference?
    My tarp is the blackcat tarp from the tutorial by Blackbishop found here
    Yosemite Sam: Are you trying to make me look a fool?
    Bugs: You don't need me to make you look like a fool.
    Yosemite Sam: Yer deerrrnnn right I don't!

  10. #50
    DivaB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Newark, OH
    Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Posts
    4,099
    Excellent job Jazilla!!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •