DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Slings and straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol Grumpy View Post
    @simonMc,

It's nice to see that you are starting to get a bit more stock on your web site; but frankly if you are going to blow your own trumpet... the least you can do is be honest and up-front about what you are doing.... ie; blatant self-promotion...

I read your post earlier in the day when in it's original and complete form. Looks like you have edited it or been censored?? Fair enough too.

I'm looking for specific products... If you carry in stock what I'm looking for and your price is right, I may order from you... But I'm not going to go chasing after you... You'll need to find a way to keep me up to date of 'developments', news, etc...............
    I am not sure what you read earlier but that post has not been edited, it is how it was written by me originally. I thought it was pretty clear that I was referring to myself - poor use of humour perhaps.

Hammock
    Any Bridge Hammock
    Tarp
    Big Daddy or OMW
    Insulation
    Burrow & Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I don't believe it's been mentioned yet, but www.topvaluefabrics.com had the best price on 1.9 ripstop and netting that I could find.....but you have to buy in bulk.

Hammock
    DIY Custom Zilla Bridge
    Tarp
    Zilla tarp/custom
    Insulation
    Uderquilts.com
    Suspension
    Readystrap/buckles
    Images
    I Also have had great experiances with DIYgeartsupply
    http://diygearsupply.com/ ...

Sites selling outdoor fabric

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMc View Post
    I am not sure what you read earlier but that post has not been edited, it is how it was written by me originally. I thought it was pretty clear that I was referring to myself - poor use of humour perhaps.
    Perhaps it's a quirk of Tapatalk? I don't know???

The URL link to your website was in the post earlier today.... but is now not visible- that's what I call an 'edit'... Definitely not there now!!

But, maybe it's Tapatalk- stranger things have happened.... Here's a screenshot...

Anyway, back to the topic...

Has anyone got any other good suggestions for Cuben Fibre suppliers?? : ear
    Last edited by Ol Grumpy; 11-05-2013 at 08:07.

Hammock
    DIY DL
    Tarp
    DIY Winter/Tadpole
    Insulation
    IXUQ/Clima/UQ.com
    Suspension
    Straps / TD Stand
    As a refresher, The Ultimate Hang list appears to be recently updated. Several DIY references.

Hammock
    Tier Gear Cradle
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Slings and straps
    Images
    Ol Grumpy - I think you will find Tapatalk is the culprit there not me.

Anyway of the overseas suppliers of Cuben Zpacks probably is the most prolific user and they would be the cheapest, though postage can be expensive when you get above 3metres ordered, from memory.

Hammock
    Appalachian Hammock DLC
    Tarp
    AH Big-Sil
    I should've posted here a while ago, but oh well . I wanted to mention www.ripstopbytheroll.com and quickly introduce myself. There is an intro thread in the vendor section, so I'll keep it short (https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=82965).

My name is Kyle and the basic premise behind ripstopbytheroll is to cater to the DIY guy, hobbyist, and cottage vendor by offering DIY fabrics at bargain wholesale prices with NO ORDER MINIMUM. We're able to do this by specializing in select DIY fabrics and processing/shipping in bulk ~once a week. As long as you can wait a couple days, you will save $$ on your DIY fabric purchases. I've also personally touched and in most cases sewn gear out of the fabrics that we offer.

I love talking with customers, so if you have a minute, check it out and let us know what you think. If you have colors/fabrics that you'd like to see, don't hesitate to tell us. We currently carry several varieties of ripstop, including SILNYLON, with an expanding selection to come in the next few weeks!

- Kyle

www.RipstopbytheRoll.com

"1st Quality Fabric at Wholesale Prices. NO ORDER MINIMUM."

Hammock
    ENO Double
    Tarp
    Super Fly, Dry Fly
    Insulation
    3 season New River
    Suspension
    Straps, Whoopies
    I dont know if this is the best place for this info, but here goes. I just ordered from tableclothsfactory.com and it was cheaper through their mobile website then their standard website. I dont know how long this will last but if anyone is thinking about doing some tablecloth hammocks you can save a little money this way.