WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    I don't have a name suggestion, but I do have an observation.

The very best trailnames not only encompass what you like and who you are but also kind of poke fun at a mistake you made or a shortcoming you have. They can be a reminder to keep your humility. Our flaws are a big part of what makes people interesting. Just a thought.
    I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt. - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Banana Breath has my vote. But my avatar is a dog nose. So consider the source.
    Last edited by Ramblinrev; 05-07-2008 at 21:05.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hacktorious View Post
    Check it out now!!!! I found something even better than that. After all, I do eat 40-80lbs of banana's per week.
    I'm a fellow health nut myself. Though I's go Ape if I ate that many bannanas a week..
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    WhoopieSling/Strap
    Images
    Monkeys eat a lot of bananas. My favorite monkey? Lancelot Link. Trail name done! You're welcome.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    depends on weather
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    various
    Suspension
    Straps, Dutch Clip
    Images
    Hack,
    Hope you come up with something. On the hike out from the MAHHA hang out, IIRC, you ended up carrying your pack, a ridgerest pad, a sling bag, a cartoon backpack and you had it topped off with Kiwi on your shoulders, complete with his CamelBack which appeared to be full. Maybe we should call you Kiwi Carrier.
    JayS (another one in search of a trail name...)

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    WhoopieSling/Strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Hack,
    Hope you come up with something. On the hike out from the MAHHA hang out, IIRC, you ended up carrying your pack, a ridgerest pad, a sling bag, a cartoon backpack and you had it topped off with Kiwi on your shoulders, complete with his CamelBack which appeared to be full. Maybe we should call you Kiwi Carrier.
    JayS (another one in search of a trail name...)
    Sherpa?
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    Nano-7
    Tarp
    Cat cut tarp
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Yeti
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hacktorious View Post
    Check it out now!!!! I found something even better than that. After all, I do eat 40-80lbs of banana's per week.
    You cannot be for real
    You would look like a banana
    Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.
    Winnie the Pooh

My Photo Album
    My youtube videos

Proud member since May 2007

Hammock
    DIY Wbbb Clone
    Tarp
    12x10 Cat cut DIY
    Suspension
    Ring Buckles
    Images
    Don't rush it. You will get one on the trail that fits better than any we can come up with here.

Example: My friend gave our one friend the trail name ham-hock when we started a hike due to him packing on some weight from the last time he saw him. Naturally he didn't care to much for it so we said we would figure a new one out before the hike was done. Sitting around the fire the last night out, everyone was eating and no talking was going on when he starts spewing all these facts about wolves. I put my food down, looked across the fire to my other friend and said " Cliff"
    Everyone knew what I ment but said friend who got the name, he's 10 years younger than me and never watched Cheers. Everyone was busting up and we just told him to ask his wife.

My other friend got named Bonk because he bonked on the top of bear mountain. His wife is Bear bait because It's always that time when we go.

There is no rush, when people ask what your trail name is, just say you don't have one yet.
    Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time. ~Steven Wright

Hammock
    Clark North American
    Tarp
    Golite Cave 2 tarp
    Insulation
    Exped downmat 7
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    I don't have a name suggestion, but I do have an observation.

The very best trailnames not only encompass what you like and who you are but also kind of poke fun at a mistake you made or a shortcoming you have. They can be a reminder to keep your humility. Our flaws are a big part of what makes people interesting. Just a thought.
    I agree with the above...also, I believe trailnames are bestowed, not chosen...don't hurry the process...it will come...

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Personally I think there is room for both chosen trail anmes and given trail names. I also think the individual should have the right and dignity to be able to refuse a trail name and have that stick. There are some folks who are more than happy that saddle someone with a degrading trail name. (Mataharihiker may have some idea of whom I am speaking, although no one on this board comes to mind.) My name was chosen way back before the forums and internet networking sites were started. I would be rather reluctant to change it. So far no one has suggested I should. (Except for some wise acre in the next few posts. Go ahead... make your day... :P)

But I agree... take your time and let the process brew.

I still like banana breath but my avatar is still a dog nose so what can I say.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint