Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: eno ridgeline

  1. #11
    Senior Member Arothian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Hammock
    ENO DN/DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway
    Insulation
    Jarbidge/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Posts
    139
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by HamMike View Post
    Have you done whoopie slings? If so just make a long whoopie sling. It should be adustable from about 90-93 inches to 100-105 inches. Somewhere in there is the length that is right for you.
    I did exactly this for my eno dn. Just one really large whoopie sling. I may make a non-adjustable ridgeline in the future, but the adjustable one is nice to play with the length and figure out what is comfortable for you.

  2. #12
    Senior Member SweetLou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    DIY cat cut
    Suspension
    Button Suspension
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Arothian View Post
    I did exactly this for my eno dn. Just one really large whoopie sling. I may make a non-adjustable ridgeline in the future, but the adjustable one is nice to play with the length and figure out what is comfortable for you.
    That is what I did. I made a whoopie sling for the adjustability. I use a blake's hitch to keep the loosend up and out of the way. This allows easy adjustability while not being bothered by the loose end. Once I find the sweet spot, I will mark the length and cut the line to make it a fixed length ridgeline.

  3. #13
    Senior Member RedBeardHanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rockville, MD
    Hammock
    eno DN(Daily)/Pro(BU,Gear), Snipe
    Tarp
    Cuben DIYw/beak
    Insulation
    15*Bag/20*Pheonix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    517
    Quote Originally Posted by HamMike View Post
    Have you done whoopie slings? If so just make a long whoopie sling. It should be adustable from about 90-93 inches to 100-105 inches. Somewhere in there is the length that is right for you.
    That’s a good idea! Anybody have extra Amsteel I could buy from them?
    Always have a Plan B C D and E! - Arson

    I 100% believe “Normal is Boring!"

    Does Shug ever put out a bad video?

    "Man up and get back up to the top of the food chain Mr. Omnivore. That McDonalds didn't grow out of a Avacodo bush.” - MrClean417

    "The trick to living and learning is actually living." - Cannibal

    "He who would travel happily must travel light."
    - Antonine Marie Roger de Saint-Exupery

    "Backpacking is the art of knowing what not to take."
    - Sheridan Anderson

  4. #14
    lazyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Hammock
    claytor no net
    Tarp
    Arrowhead Toxaway
    Insulation
    z rest . Peapod
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBeardWrangler View Post
    That’s a good idea! Anybody have extra Amsteel I could buy from them?
    I have a adjustable whoopie ridgeline, adjustable from about 80" to 120", made from 7/64 amsteel in blue. you can have it and a matching soft shackle ( to attach the adjustable end), larks head the fixed loop end, for $10 shipped conus. just measured it, it adjusts from 84" to 129"
    Last edited by lazyboy; 11-21-2011 at 07:43.

  5. #15
    Senior Member RedBeardHanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rockville, MD
    Hammock
    eno DN(Daily)/Pro(BU,Gear), Snipe
    Tarp
    Cuben DIYw/beak
    Insulation
    15*Bag/20*Pheonix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    517
    That’s cool! I was of making my own also...
    Always have a Plan B C D and E! - Arson

    I 100% believe “Normal is Boring!"

    Does Shug ever put out a bad video?

    "Man up and get back up to the top of the food chain Mr. Omnivore. That McDonalds didn't grow out of a Avacodo bush.” - MrClean417

    "The trick to living and learning is actually living." - Cannibal

    "He who would travel happily must travel light."
    - Antonine Marie Roger de Saint-Exupery

    "Backpacking is the art of knowing what not to take."
    - Sheridan Anderson

  6. #16
    lazyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Hammock
    claytor no net
    Tarp
    Arrowhead Toxaway
    Insulation
    z rest . Peapod
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBeardWrangler View Post
    That’s cool! I was of making my own also...
    I could send you the amsteel at cost, you need about 18 ft and usps shipping is about $1.20. 23x.18= 4.14 + 1.20 = 5.34. you would be better off buying a quantity from redden mariene using the discouint code, you will be wanting more to play with if you are anything like me. I have bought several hundred feet so far.

  7. #17
    Senior Member RedBeardHanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rockville, MD
    Hammock
    eno DN(Daily)/Pro(BU,Gear), Snipe
    Tarp
    Cuben DIYw/beak
    Insulation
    15*Bag/20*Pheonix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    517
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy View Post
    I could send you the amsteel at cost, you need about 18 ft and usps shipping is about $1.20. 23x.18= 4.14 + 1.20 = 5.34. you would be better off buying a quantity from redden mariene using the discouint code, you will be wanting more to play with if you are anything like me. I have bought several hundred feet so far.
    Most likely gonna wanna play with it... What size do you use 7/16 or 1/8? Does it matter which one?
    Always have a Plan B C D and E! - Arson

    I 100% believe “Normal is Boring!"

    Does Shug ever put out a bad video?

    "Man up and get back up to the top of the food chain Mr. Omnivore. That McDonalds didn't grow out of a Avacodo bush.” - MrClean417

    "The trick to living and learning is actually living." - Cannibal

    "He who would travel happily must travel light."
    - Antonine Marie Roger de Saint-Exupery

    "Backpacking is the art of knowing what not to take."
    - Sheridan Anderson

  8. #18
    lazyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Hammock
    claytor no net
    Tarp
    Arrowhead Toxaway
    Insulation
    z rest . Peapod
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Posts
    266
    I use 7/64, both are more than strong enough for hammock use.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Arothian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Hammock
    ENO DN/DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway
    Insulation
    Jarbidge/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Posts
    139
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou View Post
    That is what I did. I made a whoopie sling for the adjustability. I use a blake's hitch to keep the loosend up and out of the way. This allows easy adjustability while not being bothered by the loose end. Once I find the sweet spot, I will mark the length and cut the line to make it a fixed length ridgeline.
    Nice idea! I was wondering how to keep the bury end up out the way, looks like I will have to try this knot out.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •