Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32
  1. #1
    Redoleary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pennfield Twp, MI
    Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Posts
    3,183
    Images
    69

    VIDEO: How to make a "fancy" stuff sack.

    Don't watch this if you're looking to be entertained!
    Here is the video version of the picture version I put up last week. Seen here.

    The long and the short of it is... well its a stuff sack, has a flat felled seam down the side and a built in handle on the square bottom, and I use a grommet for the draw string to come out of at the top.

    Good luck,
    RED

    My Youtube Channel

    Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

  2. #2
    Poppabear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lexington Park, MD
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Treestrap
    Posts
    2,642
    This is a great how to video for anyone who wants to try their hand a making a stuff sack. I have saved it in my favorites for future reference.
    Terry

  3. #3
    Moderator raiffnuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DBL, Camo Hideaway, ENO DN
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Posts
    5,328
    Images
    44
    Awesome video. Very good instructions. Thanks for posting this. I have used your method to make many stuff sacks now.

  4. #4
    dragon360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Posts
    6,294
    Images
    1
    Excellent video Red! Some part where your hands cover the action but really helped me clear up the process and some if the details from your pics. Thanks again!
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

    Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

  5. #5
    Shewie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Yorkshire, UK
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1SL/UKHamm
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4S/CamoSF
    Insulation
    UKHamm/HG/Unspon
    Suspension
    WhoopieDutchness
    Posts
    1,678
    Very useful vid thanks Red

    Does it matter which triangles you cut off, you say "the portion not to the bag"? I've done round bottomed ones and envelope but squares are much more useful in a pack.

  6. #6
    Redoleary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pennfield Twp, MI
    Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Posts
    3,183
    Images
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppabear View Post
    This is a great how to video for anyone who wants to try their hand a making a stuff sack. I have saved it in my favorites for future reference.
    Thanks for the kind words Poppabear.
    Quote Originally Posted by raiffnuke View Post
    Awesome video. Very good instructions. Thanks for posting this. I have used your method to make many stuff sacks now.
    Thanks raiffnuke, how bout some photos, I'd like to see your handy work.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon360 View Post
    Excellent video Red! Some part where your hands cover the action but really helped me clear up the process and some if the details from your pics. Thanks again!
    Thank you dragon, sorry about the hands, I had a lot of balls in the air trying to film and make something. I need an assistant for some of this stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by Shewie View Post
    Very useful vid thanks Red

    Does it matter which triangles you cut off, you say "the portion not to the bag"? I've done round bottomed ones and envelope but squares are much more useful in a pack.
    Thanks Shewie, I was just trying to make it clear that when you sew across the corner to form the triangle you will cut off, you obviously don't want the rest of the bag under that triangle, or you'll sew it to the bag.
    Truth be told you don't even have to cut them off. When you turn it right side out, they'll be on the inside.
    Good luck,
    RED

    My Youtube Channel

    Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

  7. #7
    bloomgorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Detroit, Mi
    Hammock
    3xWBBB1.0dbl, XLC, DIY
    Tarp
    superfly, maccat d
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ/UGQ/HG
    Suspension
    whoopies, E.trunks
    Posts
    1,160
    what a sweet video. i was going to just use the images but this explanation really helped me to understand everything
    http://smartoutdoors.webs.com/ elephant trunks, tarp keys and crosses

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mountainside, NJ
    Hammock
    depends on weather
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    various
    Suspension
    Straps, Dutch Clip
    Posts
    1,502
    Images
    11
    Great video, Red. Thanks for taking the time to make it and share it. I like the built in "handle" and the hang tab.

  9. #9
    New Member daddywoodsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hazleton, Pa
    Posts
    34
    Thanks, that explains alot.

  10. #10
    Shewie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Yorkshire, UK
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1SL/UKHamm
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4S/CamoSF
    Insulation
    UKHamm/HG/Unspon
    Suspension
    WhoopieDutchness
    Posts
    1,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Redoleary View Post
    Thanks Shewie, I was just trying to make it clear that when you sew across the corner to form the triangle you will cut off, you obviously don't want the rest of the bag under that triangle, or you'll sew it to the bag.
    Truth be told you don't even have to cut them off. When you turn it right side out, they'll be on the inside.
    Perfect, thank you

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •